Oh whoops!

FridgeFreezer

Looks like a bad roll. Glad you are OK.

I notice the safari snorkel is one of the few bits that is still straight. Those things are bloody tuff. I have seen a couple of other defenders that were almost completely destroyed - except for the snorkel.

I've seen a Discovery that rolled during an RTA.

The only straight thing left was the Safari Snorkly.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouible in an empty house.

Poor old Jules spent so long tiding it up and put a whole new set of strickers on the truck. :(

Thats the thrid time one of Stunning cages and saved his arse. mmm money well spent

Yep

It was the thrid time but the first time with me behind the wheel

Pete got it all running and driving that afternoon and let me use his steam claener to get it all clean (I want a steam cleaner of my own)

He said the the cage needs very little repair work and the chassis we have known that it was on its last legs for the last three MOT's.

I was tring to explan a tray back to him but he was too busy jointly with the wife taking the pi55 out of me and laughing generaly at my expence. :lol::huh::lol:

wow! just watched the video, that looked like a hard drop! professional looking recovery though (turning it back over, not the failed hill climb!)

Thanks

I did used to do alot of instruction years ago for LRO driving days and do now for Mitsubushi.

I still get mixed up when giving signals as in the construction industry the signs that everyone uses for winch in and out is realy the sign for jib up and jib down for a crain.. :unsure:

I was keen to keep the damage to a minimum which there was no damage done during the recovery at all which I was very happy with.

I do have to comment

My freind that was with me (he's not a 4x4 person) said that he was supprised how nice everyone was when we were just chatting to people in the morning. When I rolled it the people that helped him out of a upsidedown car when so very quick to our rescue even though we were 50m away from anyone when the car went over.

A big thank you to all the Shire Marshalls that helped me out with there winches and all the members that came to our aid I did not get the chanse to thank them on the day.

So if John could say a big thank you from Me and my mate Alex for all the help we got on the day from the members and marshalls in the newsletter.

Julian Read

Glad to hear you and your passenger were ok Jules, we turned up from Leeds at 3:50 and couldn't quite believe what we heard. Still, everyone said you were ok which was a relief :)

I remember you recommending the cages to me for my series - after seeing that I think I'll definatly be following your lead, that was the one part of the truck I was going to spend the money on and by the looks of that it's certainly money well spent. Will have to get the details from you when I see you next, not having much luck searching on the internet.

Shire marshalls are easily the best! B) :D

Glad to hear you and your passenger were ok Jules, we turned up from Leeds at 3:50 and couldn't quite believe what we heard. Still, everyone said you were ok which was a relief :)

I remember you recommending the cages to me for my series - after seeing that I think I'll definatly be following your lead, that was the one part of the truck I was going to spend the money on and by the looks of that it's certainly money well spent. Will have to get the details from you when I see you next, not having much luck searching on the internet.

Shire marshalls are easily the best! B) :D

Pete Barret built my truck

he built the cage also.

Pete is Stunning Services

Talking to a spectater last night

He told me that you could see the front left wheel stop spining and that was when she slid back down into the rut that she gripped on.

So it was a shaft snapping that cause the roll

I know all along it was not driver error :ph34r::ph34r:

Julian

Talking to a spectater last night

He told me that you could see the front left wheel stop spining and that was when she slid back down into the rut that she gripped on.

So it was a shaft snapping that cause the roll

I know all along it was not driver error :ph34r::ph34r:

Julain

That explains it - the hill didn't look anywhere steep enough to cause you to flip backward on its own.

A few years back a mate in a double-locked soft top 88" military IIA amost rolled over backward on an extremely steep hill when he lost traction. Fortunately he was at the base of the hill - it was so steep that when he stopped going forwards the truck was rocking backwards and forwards on the back wheels - every time it rocked backward it would rest on the spare (on a spare wheel carrier). :o

I agree with Michele - get a nice galvanised chassis... Maybe a conversion to 100" would stop it doing that again???