AWDC Howlin Wolf Aftermath

JST

Thanks Neil, Andy, Richard and teams what a great day, a few up and downs and teething problems in the morning with the 8 day build but it got there in the end. Had a good day out with some interesting sections and enough to keep everyone busy up on the wellington site. Cheers to Nick for letting me run around for him for the day and well done guys with the results

Rob in mitsimog first class 1

Autsin First class 2

Tim and Jake from Devon 4x4 first in Class 3.

Excellent result for Bob Smith and Ian Mousladale coming 2nd in class 3 and Knooby and son coming 3rd, well done guys. Bob sorry we got in your way on the last two punches we certainly stopped you gettting the last one, please make it more than 100 points between 2nd and 1st or thats my fault!

Whose got some pics then?

Had a good day spectating for a change , :(

Tim and Jake

IMG_0570.jpg

Nobby and Nathen

IMG_0568.jpg

Paul and Clifford in the crazy frog

IMG_0564.jpg

Martin Stainer

IMG_0561.jpg

Saley , First one in this section clearing all four punches within an hour

IMG_0559.jpg

Tony and Les

IMG_0549.jpg

Not sure who these guys were but they had a very early steering problem

IMG_0552.jpg

James and Nick

IMG_0548.jpg

Cheers Les for your work we had a few small troubles with the smoke genie getting out of some wiring on the Albrights

this was traced to an isolator being knocked off accidentally this then meant one motor trying to run full load through 2mm control

cable that is linked for the one in cab switch, this took 20mins or so to sort.

Another issue when the car stopped at the top of a climb and refused to start, I thought it was the stop solenoid wire coming adrift,

luckily it was and we were running again after a couple of mins, we moved on to two puches that involved a v steep drop in reverse

we waited for Treebloke (Bob) to complete it then we embarked on the descent, using a double line (this proved to be a mistake)

the car hanging precariously over the edge then over a fallen tree the rope pulled of the drum as we had run out of rope :o

only by luck the fallen tree on the chassis was saving us from a drop.

re rigged single line and reconnected to the drum, we carried on,

Damage total for the day 2 rear brake lines reshaped and nowt else that I have found as yet.

£10 at the local pressure washer and it is still filthy but will do for now.

considering the class of vehicles entering the course seemed ideally laid out with something for all thanks to Neil and the rest of the team/ marshals and sponsors.

We had a great day and was genuinly suprised with the class win

I have over 400 pictures taken by my wife and eldest daughter which i'm currently uploading.

As soon as they are online i'll post some links

Thanks Neil and AWDC for a great day out.

:D

You guys did well, great effort - so see you at Kirton?

Fan belt, X eng handbrake disc and mounting bracket (which pulled the propshaft off) and a blown (brand new) ARB. Think it is safe to say not our best event!! And it was a long way home.

But thanks to everyone who put in a lot of time putting up and pulling down blue rope, without you guys i wouldn't have broken anything, or had as much fun. Thank you and see you ar the next event

Fan belt, X eng handbrake disc and mounting bracket (which pulled the propshaft off) and a blown (brand new) ARB. Think it is safe to say not our best event!! And it was a long way home.

But thanks to everyone who put in a lot of time putting up and pulling down blue rope, without you guys i wouldn't have broken anything, or had as much fun. Thank you and see you ar the next event

Sorry I didnt have any 3/8UNF nuts in the van , Ive usualy got a few kicking about .

We had a great day and was genuinly suprised with the class win

I have over 400 pictures taken by my wife and eldest daughter which i'm currently uploading.

As soon as they are online i'll post some links

Thanks Neil and AWDC for a great day out.

:D

All bits of the truck still attached at the end or is more scavenging required?

With performances like that you will be able to push the boss for extra sponsorship :lol:

Excellent event - Alan and I agreed better than any last year (for us). No real damage by my standards (one rope snapped, one door handle broken, one indicator lens), just some more "character" on the body work. Found being in Class 3 without the lockers not as bad as we expected.

Best new toy so far for this year - headsets: less running around and much clearer instructions.

Thanks to all, and let's hope we do more than one punch at Kirton (I will check the air canister ios totally sealed this time!).

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, the site proved better than we had expected with a real mix of terrain for us to exploit.

No horror stories that I am aware of, although it appears a certain green car did turn turtle for a while.

Results are now posted HERE

Initial championship points will be posted tomorrow.

A particular well done to all who joined us for the first time at this event and experienced the blue rope for the first time. All the scores were very creditable and higher than we expected.

We had a good weekend and thanks to all involved with running the event and especially the sponsers. What great grub.

First HW for me and Ian and second one for Bert and Dan. Hard to believe we were both still up and running at the end of the day, must be a first.

Ian worked hard and did well.

Amazing how quiet it was with all the headphones about there was hardly any shouting to comunicate between teams.

Bad luck for Will and Dan about the roll, at least no one hurt.

What a great weekend, A big thank you to Neil and the team and all that worked hard to set the site up, well done to all the wnner's. We had a good start untill we lost a tyre of the inner rim :angry: but so did a few other's at the same spot :rolleyes: we lost to much time looking for punch 15 and still did not find it :rolleyes:

Car came out with no problem's (big up Chris top car fella) all we need to do is wash it change the oil's and fit some inner tubes.

Just go's to show you don't need to be a racing whippit co-driver.............. just look at the top 2 on the day ;):lol: well done Jamie!

Kev is having a little sleep as he's tired after all that driving, he said his old co-driver was rubbish (thanks mate)............any one know who he is in case i meet him :ph34r:

Chin up Dan.......always next time...........nearly tripled your score :o;):lol::lol:

Roll on round 2......Kirton :rolleyes: Water???

Ade, sorry we couldn't have been better competition for you but you did get a lighter out of us and we saved you a long walk with a heavy wheel :P :P :P

Didn't you find punch 15? That was the one next to 16. We were the first to do it and it was where the day started to go wrong.....

I'd like to echo what's been said already - great event Neil, wonderful weather (except Saturday night which was slightly chilly), good to see lots of old faces and nice to meet some new people. The hog roast on Saturday night was also superb - you found a great sponsor in Gerald David and Family there Neil!!!

As Tony pointed out we didn't have the best day - we were down to only one winch early on and lost time trying to sort it and then remove it. We then cracked on with only a rear winch getting another half dozen punches and doing SS1 (where we lost LOADS of time turning round doing shunts - more steering lock is needed). We then 'lost' the front prop coming out of a section and tried to get back to parc ferme to put on a spare so we could get some more punches. However, on route Dan managed to roll the truck coming across a slope when the front wheels dropped onto a track - without the drive to pull the front wheels forward, the back wheels slid down the slope and the truck went for a rest on it's roof.... By the time it was righted the car had been on its roof for 10 - 15 minutes so we decided to call it a day rather than struggle to sort it before the finish. Oh well, the damage could have been a lot worse.

Roll on ( :huh: ) round 2!