Useful freebie?

simonr

For years, I carried around a QT services key-ring which came free with my steering bars - it was a good advert, but not much use.

Now I'm in the same position, I decided to produce something as small and useful as possible and came up with this:

keyring2.jpg

keyring1.jpg

Quite a lot of design effort went in to it (which could have more usefully been put in to other stuff I dare say), particularly the ergonomics of the bottle opener (that being something I do quite a lot of - and had to buy a few for R&D!).

The spanners are 10mm & 13mm - which I figured are probably the most common sizes.

I'm quite pleased with the result - so thought I'd share it with you. Laser Cut & Laser Etched by Dave NAS90.

Anyway, they're free. If you want one, just ask if you see me!

Si

Do you do a Whitworth version? :rolleyes:

Nice, definately better than a lot of other freebies that companies give away (like the mints in a tin from my company, trying to tell the person they got bad breath of summit??!?)

I'll be coming to find you at Sodbury, they're nice, and I want a fan switch thingy anyway.

I've got one of the old QT keyrings too, the newer ones incorporate a bottle opener, but not spanners which is a very useful idea.

Can you design one with a WD40 holder for the V8 drivers :ph34r:

SEE YOU AT SODBURY SIMON. WE'RE NOT GOING TO BELGIUM THIS YEAR HAVING A YEAR OFF.

BRUCE

Hi Bruce - we've missed the boat for Belgium as well!

Michele - send me a SAE - they weigh 16g each.

Si

I was about to ask what a SAE is (not oil I think!)

"Stamped Addressed Envelope"

Whahaeee!! I managed to answer a question on the Forum :D:D

although, before some other bright spark jumps in, it sometimes means "Self Addressed Envelope"

The idea being you send an envelope with your address on it so the other person pops the goods in and chucks it in the letter box without having to spend any money on the return.