Ceiling console

Have a look at http://www.tbruk.com/ choose vehicle specific & LR,then Defender, roof console,

borrowed from thier website ----

ROOF CONSOLE

36-9021

Front Radio Housing, keep your radio secure out of the heat and public eye. Driver and Passenger Side Storage, with removable doors, allows the installation of a second radio Interior & Map Lights, driver and passenger side Interior Light positioned to light up the rear Swing down Locker, ideal for sun glasses, wallet, cameras etc. Injection Molded Body, smart leather grain finish complimenting your interior.

Not available for Truck cab models! Requires headlining for installation.

Trimming of sun visors may be required.

post-20-125326559258_thumb.jpg

Have a look at http://www.tbruk.com/ choose vehicle specific & LR,then Defender, roof console,

borrowed from thier website ----

ROOF CONSOLE

36-9021

Front Radio Housing, keep your radio secure out of the heat and public eye. Driver and Passenger Side Storage, with removable doors, allows the installation of a second radio Interior & Map Lights, driver and passenger side Interior Light positioned to light up the rear Swing down Locker, ideal for sun glasses, wallet, cameras etc. Injection Molded Body, smart leather grain finish complimenting your interior.

Not available for Truck cab models! Requires headlining for installation.

Trimming of sun visors may be required.

I like it and I haven't even thought about one of those! Still pricey at £195 (IMO) blink.gif

The problem with any home made thing like that is that it usually looks like a home made thing - a bit "Blue Peter" if you like.

They are good - I have seen a couple here - very neat solution and if you have a newish vehicle, in the context of what it all cost would you ruin the interior for the sake of a couple of hundred quid?

• Like 1

I realy like these consoles however they only fit non sunroof models so like me if you have a sunroof they wont fit! I have considered making one that requires the sunroof removed and uses the space, this would also help with the all too familiar leaky sunroof problem as in most defenders

I also fancy putting a console up there on my 110. I seen a nice one recently and I'm sure it was someone on here selling the best series 2a I've ever seen on ebay.

I'll try to post a couple of pic's i nabbed from his ebay ad'.

thats Tonks old truck

post-1882-125348066258_thumb.jpg

:blink: twizzle :blink:

• 13 years later...
On 9/18/2009 at 8:51 PM, russ3120 said:

here`s a drawing if you fancy making one yourself, as I did

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll249/russ3120/Roof_Console.gif

Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking about having a go at making one too but couldnt find much in the way of dimensions online so this is an awesome starting point.

I was hunting for birthday presents for my father in law (favourite movie is Apollo-13) and came across this:

https://www.concordaerospace.com/products/apollo-13-command-module-quad-panel-h2-o2

1781721483_apolloswitch.jpg.e346ecb38661124de588af2b34257053.jpg

Labels would need updating but i would personally love switches of this style in my roof console.

• Like 2

That is cool.

I wouldn’t be able to flick those engines though without saying things like:

T-000:04:03 Telcom: Go, Flight.
T-000:04:02 Flight: Control.
T-000:04:01 Control: Go.
T-000:04:00 Flight: Network, you got it in, got it all? Everything up?
T-000:03:56 Network: That's affirmative, Flight.
T-000:03:54 Speaker: Reading you loud and clear.
T-000:03:53 LOM (Donnelly): Apollo 11, this is the Launch Operations Manager. The launch team wishes you good luck and Godspeed.

Or…

“Twenty seconds and counting. T minus 15 seconds, guidance is internal. Twelve, 11, 10, 9, ignition sequence starts... 8, 7, 6, 5, 4… 3... 2... 1, zero, all engine running... LIFT-OFF! We have a lift-off, 32 minutes past the hour. Lift-off on Apollo 11.”

• Haha 2