jules

Went do to have a look at a sport on Sunday

Went through the agro of what was what

All I need is

TDV6

ICE

19"-20" alloys

Sat nav

to get those three things I ended up needing a HSE (shame) only the ICE and a add one oh and the phone thing.

As I turned up in my disco 2 I thought in for a penny in for a pound they valued my Td5 ES 2000 disco

I was looking at the finance side due to not having 45k sloshing around in my wallet.

value of my car just hit 100k miles which makes it worth £5k :o the one I parked next to was Identical and had a window price of £15k, I was told the paint was not so good and mine was due to needing a T-cut (must be deer stuff this LR dealer T-cut)

be selling that privately me thinks (not that I will, cause I can't afford the sport anyway)

Good insight as I was after changing over the next six months and a new car is too much but the wife hates the disco 3 and we both love the RR 3 or the Sport but second hand RR3 td6 are still around £30k and sport are just not yet second hand.

So looks like I will be running around in my good old disco for a while yet :(

Anyone else been looking at upgrading

Not so sure, when I was keener to earn money and didn’t race I had a new Defender, then a new Disco and a nearly new P38. The Defender lost next to no money when I had it, loved it, whereas the Rangy value dropped like a stone and gave me sleepless nights as the warranty drew to an end. The Disco I still have but don’t use, don’t like it, never have.

I've rather gone off new vehicles but occasionally get an itch for a Defender. We currently have a diesel Astra, given to me FOC with 6 months tax and test and an newish good spec Transit which is quite nice to drive.

My parents are buying a Range Rover Sport TD to replace their M reg Disco. They went in to look at the new Disco, but found the new seats very uncomfortable and ruled it out completely on that ground (they bought the current Disco because it had the best seats for my mother's back). Looked at a Land Cruiser too, but said it was still as agricultural as their old Disco and just no comparison to the RRS.

Went do to have a look at a sport on Sunday

Went through the agro of what was what

All I need is

TDV6

ICE

19"-20" alloys

Sat nav

to get those three things I ended up needing a HSE (shame) only the ICE and a add one oh and the phone thing.

As I turned up in my disco 2 I thought in for a penny in for a pound they valued my Td5 ES 2000 disco

I was looking at the finance side due to not having 45k sloshing around in my wallet.

value of my car just hit 100k miles which makes it worth £5k :o the one I parked next to was Identical and had a window price of £15k, I was told the paint was not so good and mine was due to needing a T-cut (must be deer stuff this LR dealer T-cut)

be selling that privately me thinks (not that I will, cause I can't afford the sport anyway)

Good insight as I was after changing over the next six months and a new car is too much but the wife hates the disco 3 and we both love the RR 3 or the Sport but second hand RR3 td6 are still around £30k and sport are just not yet second hand.

So looks like I will be running around in my good old disco for a while yet :(

Anyone else been looking at upgrading

well Jules you know what these Land Rover dealership salesman are like. They will try and have you on your car. Why do you think i am going to stay with Land Rover untill i get a good cheap 130 or disco. or maybe both :lol:

I would dearly love a RR Sport. It's the first 'proper' car I've sat in and been comfortable (being a not small person).

I suspect it will only be when the travellers race them round Slindon and they're worth less than a portion of chips however!

Si

Were selling our 30' camper van

and the Dakar racar.

but the road car is the one I was looking at changing if the camper goes it makes talking the wife round to RRS a doddle as there work about the same cost.

Were selling our 30' camper van

and the Dakar racar.

but the road car is the one I was looking at changing if the camper goes it makes talking the wife round to RRS a doddle as there work about the same cost.

I was very impressed with the RRS tdv6, a lovely vehicle. Its a nice, smaller, alternative to the RR.

As far as the TD6 RR goes, I don't like them. I feel they're just a bit sluggish, plus they seem less reliable than the V8s. My father's just changed his car (was an L322 V8) and after 3 years it had been virtually flawless; the only issue he ever had was with the software controling the suspension and that was sorted with a 15 minute upgrade. It makes a bit of a contrast to the Jag XJ he's just bought; the passenger seat fell appart (totally) within 2 hours of it being delivered....

well Jules you know what these Land Rover dealership salesman are like. They will try and have you on your car. Why do you think i am going to stay with Land Rover untill i get a good cheap 130 or disco. or maybe both :lol:

:lol:

Thats the trouble I know what salesmen are like

I was very impressed with the RRS tdv6, a lovely vehicle. Its a nice, smaller, alternative to the RR.

But did you find that it had any character Will?

I went for a 110 because they do have character. Other cars like the sport just seem boring to drive by comparison and after six months I would want to change it which would not be a good idea with the depreciation they suffer.

The sport is a nice looking car, but having driven a TDV6 they feel the same as nearly every other large car on the road. I would have to have the diesel for the miles I do.

Richard

PS. Does anyone else feel that a disco based cheaper RR has devalued the RR brand? :ph34r:

Thats the wrong way isnt it :huh:

Well I sold the 02 RR TD6 Vogue and the 01 RR 4.6 Vogue at the same time. Lost ~28K in depreciation on L322 in 3 years and about ~27K on P38 in 4 years. Only 27K on P38 as we saved 8.5K on it new as it was an import.

Personally not keen on looks of RRS and for me it's bought by too many image concious buyers and footballer's wives ;);)

If it was up to me I'd have the 110 and a year old Lotus Elise, but i think it will be more like one of the new Cooper S Minis that come out later this year as the boss :rolleyes: is keen on one of these.

Cheers

Steve

Well I sold the 02 RR TD6 Vogue and the 01 RR 4.6 Vogue at the same time. Lost ~28K in depreciation on L322 in 3 years and about ~27K on P38 in 4 years.

Cheers

Steve

Ouch :blink:

Either of those would have paid for a new 110 outright.

Richard

But did you find that it had any character Will?

I went for a 110 because they do have character. Other cars like the sport just seem boring to drive by comparison and after six months I would want to change it which would not be a good idea with the depreciation they suffer.

The sport is a nice looking car, but having driven a TDV6 they feel the same as nearly every other large car on the road. I would have to have the diesel for the miles I do.

Richard

PS. Does anyone else feel that a disco based cheaper RR has devalued the RR brand? :ph34r:

The RRS doesn't have as much character as an L322 and, although a nice car in its own right, does not feel like a RR. However, you really can't beat a Defender for character. No contest. That said, the L322 was about the only car I've been able to step out of after a 10 hour drive and not feel tired or stiff.

That said, the L322 was about the only car I've been able to step out of after a 10 hour drive and not feel tired or stiff.

10 hours - blimey Will - couldn't find the throttle pedal in that one either :lol:

Since we are showing of our latest purchases, look what I bought last week:

-pic removed to save space-

It does a great job of getting me to work.

Daan

I'd bet the depreciation is a bit less as well.

Richard

Hmmm... I'd question the reliability of the RRS. Saw one this morning on the back of a recovery truck heading towards our local LR dealer. My Uncle and Cousin both have one, and I've had a turn behind the wheel. Nice, but I'll stick with my Rangie thanks! :D

Defender 110 Crew cab, now you're talking! (I'm not a fashion victim, honest!) :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: PMSL!!!!!!!

Nice one Andy!!!!!!

[sorry Will] :ph34r:

Andy, you'd better hope you're driving's not rusty when Moglite comes out of the garage.... ;):lol:

Bish, don't worry. I think I've got a copy of the 'Bish Stucks' montage somewhere :P

Defender 110 Crew cab, now you're talking! (I'm not a fashion victim, honest!) :blink:

Yep I would agree with that completely as there cool as

I need a car for at lease a 150mile round trip to work and as a contractor my work place moves around so next week I could be in Southampton and the week after i could be in central London.

It must be very comfortable

it must be able to tow 3.5t

That unfortunately rules out

Jag, evo's, M3/5, audi A4/6, freelander (which would be perfect otherwise),

If I had a 110 crew cab all I would want to do is boy it up with big tyres and roll cage etc. then its no good for taking out clients.

Its a Land Rover its going to brake down new or old

I go through this every two years Jules!

I say to Jacqui i am going to buy a Range Rover/Disco etc she then says well its going to cost you this and this and then this - still going to race? then i don't think so!

Thats the trouble with accountants/wife/both - you can love them but they just don't understand cars!!

I ended up with a 2.0 Golf deisel, and its bloody good. Super comfortable to drive, looks good when turning up clients or on site (not flash as our client Network Rail are very tight), economical and does everything i need except one thing.

It can't tow the racer! Nor can it off road - not strictly true but i am going to sell it soon so i must stop trying...........

Cheers

Nev