Landrover insurance(warning)

Landybob

• 3 months later...

I found Sureterm rather rude!! kept me waiting then told me that they cant insure (commercial vehicle insurance) me due to the fact i had only one vehicle????? then they hung up on me without a bye or leave! CiS also told me that my Defender special build had after market parts added???? told them that Land Rover had made the vehicle with all its mods at the factory and that it wasn't done by Bob the builder! their reply was............. <_< YES BUT THE LAND ROVER HAS BEEN CHANGED SO WE CANT INSURE SAID LANDY??? :blink: eh <_< went ADRIAN FLUX who said not a problem as the Landy was mods was done at the factory! best wait and see what the paper work says when i get it in the post/email ;) ah bl00dy insurance companys....drives me to drink :D

Frank Pickles , £98 for the defender, I went with them as heard about some claiming. as i was worried by the low cost.

Adrain flux have both been superb and rubish in the space of 2 years. they dealt with a claim no hassle and then did the old we dont have any of you details when i came to renew, good job it wasnt when i phones for the claim, i often call up my insurer to make sure im still insured.

Anyone on this forum with a 130 SW??

Can't find anyone to give any quotes

37 years

15 years driving license (European license)

Never had a accident

Lowest quote £1500, don’t know yet the renewal price from Sureterm Direct as last year was £380

Any help, will be appreciated

Another vote for Footman James from me. I'm 18, have held my license for less than a year, and they insure my 1992 Defender for £980. Sounds alot, but it's cheaper than I could insure a small car for, something like a 1.2 Corsa :D

Thats REALLY really cheap!! I was paying 3grand on a standard discovery L reg 200tdi :/

Im paying a little over 1500 for a TD5 90 now with NFU Which is good as ill have full no-claims in a couple of years :D (as long as i dont crash, obviously)

NFU her for me too. I use thm for everything, house, livestock, business, vehicles, the whole lot. Nothing but excllent service so far, even when a claim has been made.

Their Landrover prices are especially good. I swapped from insuring a 2.8 Frontera third party to a 300Tdi Disco fully comp for an additonal £30 a year. Bargain!

Charlie

Slightly OT but does anyone have any recomendations for 7.5 ton truck insurance?

I am planning on buying one to get our winch challenge truck to events as towing a trailer miles is not fun!

I wont be using it for business use at all and only expect to do fairly minimal miles in a year

I find this topic interesting too as I will be looking to insure mine again. I was with CIS who royally screwed me by promising noclaims then saying they never said that. Then I went with adrian flux who seemed very good for the defender.

I've not had to insure more than one vehicle at a time yet but as I understand it if I have declaired my noclaimes to one policy on one car then I can't declaire them again for the defender. Or does this vary between companies policies?

You can only use your no claims on one vehicle. as some friends of mine found out. I also didn't realise that if you don't have your own insurance for a while you loose all your no claims that you have built up. Even if you are a named driver an another vehicle. I have just insured my disco with adriam flux listing all the mods and with zero no claims it is only costing £320, which I didn't think was to bad.

Sureterm have definately lost the plot. I've been with them for the past 7 years or so, when renewal came around in February, the premium was circa £180 fully comp (I'm an old fart), but the "ADMIN" charges were £200!!! Now I always pay in full, so I asked them to justify the admin charge - "you moved house last year",

"Yes, and you charged me the thick end of £50 to adjust the policy and issue new documents, so tell me in the past 7 years other than sending out renewal reminders and certificates, how you justify admin costs that exceed the premium costs"

"we have to make a profit"

"you have just lost a customer, don't you value customer loyalty?"

I hung up.

Two days later I get a phone call from them saying "we've looked again and can do the policy for £183 all in".

Quite frankly they are extracting the urine

Trouble is Insurance companies are effectively un regulated, they have a captive customer base as insurance is mandatory, therefore they can do as they like.

To be brutally honest, Insurance companies are in the same veinf as the legal profession and politicians - they open their mouths and the lies just slip out.

Rant over

they won't even cover my 100" defender with winch, locker etc, so what they class as modified must be 'extreme' :lol:

Really? I've just taken out insurance with Frank Pickles on my 100" defender with winch, locker etc..

Very helpful they were too, and half the price Adrian Flux quoted me to renew (despite using the same underwriter!)

I found Sureterm rather rude!! kept me waiting then told me that they cant insure (commercial vehicle insurance) me due to the fact i had only one vehicle????? then they hung up on me without a bye or leave! CiS also told me that my Defender special build had after market parts added???? told them that Land Rover had made the vehicle with all its mods at the factory and that it wasn't done by Bob the builder! their reply was............. <_< YES BUT THE LAND ROVER HAS BEEN CHANGED SO WE CANT INSURE SAID LANDY??? :blink: eh <_< went ADRIAN FLUX who said not a problem as the Landy was mods was done at the factory! best wait and see what the paper work says when i get it in the post/email ;) ah bl00dy insurance companys....drives me to drink :D

............got the paperwork in!! low & behold the paperwork said standard landy NO MODS????????(is there such a thing?) gave them a ring told them that my td5 was anything but standard! thankfully they said it was okay just as long as Land Rover had done all the work at the time it was being made! :) even got them to put it in an email and send it to me!

So all i can say is CiS insurance you suck big time :banned: ! ADRIAN FLUX GETS MY VOTE!.............4-now! :i-m_so_happy:

So far, Adrian Flux seem to have come up with the goods. On a Q plated V8 hybrid, with a list of mods running to 2 sides of A4, my biggest problem was defining the base vehicle :huh:

The cover includes "off road" and the fact that my no-claims is accrued on my daily driver. £225 doesn't hurt too much...

There's always a but though- so far my dealings have been over the phone/ web. Having sent in the spec in writing, I'm awaiting the call for an engineers report.