Uurgh - Snorkel Pt 3 - Painted and fitted

Getting there now it feels.

Have now painted the snorkel (1 coat red oxide) 3 coats top coat - or "primer finish grey" as Tonk calls it :angry: )....

Whizzed up to Keith Gotts today (amogst other whizzing about) and had a selection of comments, ...

.....all positive, .....combined with mickey takes.... :lol:

DEFINATELY looks better TIGd up, painted and mounted than as the older "In build" pics.

Snorkeltophalfpainted-001Medium.jpg

Oh I wish I could sometimes just BUY STUFF OFF THE SHELF :( rather than the

" 1 2 3 4, lets bang my F head against a wall .....and take all day(s) to make something :( " game

Ho Hum, still got a certain rear winch mount to remake after "Modifying it" unexpectedly.....

Nige

I like it. It looks as though if you smite it on a tree, you would need to call the Forestry Commission to report a broken tree, and that is good :)

Version 2 in stainless steel to add a bit of bling? ;)

Les H spake thus :

Eurrrrrrrgh - filthy perv! :o

Erm, well, I try :)

landrover598 spake (and obviously has hugely impecable taste) :P:lol:

Thats really smart, good work :D B)

and that looks nothing like primer grey :huh:

Cheers for the positive comments - will you PM tonk for me re the primer comment :lol:

Jon White (being a picky git) said :

Battleship grey is a good description........

Still dont like it..........

Jon

Yeah right, quality comment coming from a guy with a 'seaswept manky' piece of 4x1 timber under his Rev counter "for spacing you understand" :P

Western said : looks much better finished & it just seems to suit your truck

then Les said (GIT) What - you mean a bit odd?

Western your a gent - les - Takes one to know one I reckon :D

Noternchris comments of "How many hours in total mate??????????????? "

Nope, not admitting anythink me guv, too long I know, and 3x longer than I thjought is the best you'll get out of me on it :lol: kin fabrication :lol:

Bogmonster said : I like it (another forumer of taste and style) . It looks as though if you smite it on a tree, you would need to call the Forestry Commission to report a broken tree, and that is good :) (re earlier comment - erm maybe :lol: )

Yeah someone at Keith gotts said he had "heard the military had a howitzer missing" :P but you prob have a point BB :lol: , I have weakened - its not 6mm tube :hysterical:

Version 2 in stainless steel to add a bit of bling?

The only certain thing for me in my life is there will be NO VERSION 2 :blink::glare:

Nige

and there was me thinking you'd fitted gas central heating for the winter months ;):D

nice work on the tube, looks a lot better than most of these plastic tumble dryer hoses that are fitted to other set-ups