Recycled Land Rovers

myfirstlandi

I'm guessing this is the best place to ask my big ask, this being my first post so please be kind...

I started a photographic project some time ago on the theme of Land Rovers that have been recycled for another use, this started when I read the oft quoted "1992 Land Rover claimed that 70% of all the vehicles they had ever built were still in use".

I surmised that of the remaining 30% some may be scrapped, but some are left to be reused as something else... I have discovered quite a few so far, some are dog kennels some are sheds.

I'm now interested to further the project and to do this I am asking the members of LR4x4 if they might know of any recycled Land Rovers. If you do please get in touch info@matthewdavison.com (a map ref would be great)

many thanks Matthew Davison Defender 90 XS

If people just reply to your email address, then this thread which will soon be buried... It needs to be active to get noticed :)

So I would like to suggest that if people post pictures of recycled LRs here, I think it would get a lot more action and hence be seen more..

I for one will watch it...

Roger

If people just reply to your email address, then this thread which will soon be buried... It needs to be active to get noticed :)

So I would like to suggest that if people post pictures of recycled LRs here, I think it would get a lot more action and hence be seen more..

I for one will watch it...

Roger

Thank you Roger, my interest is to find recycled LRs so I can continue this photographic project. If people want to post pictures too that's great.

I think the one from dailysleaze is stunning, sadly budget restrictions mean I won't be going out to Belize to reshoot,

I've attached one of a hen coop in Somerset...

reagards

Matthew Davison

post-32949-0-83781000-1313767211_thumb.jpg

There's a Series II [possibly III] in the woods at Dinosaur World, near Norwich, I have some photos somewhere but don't have time to dig them out at the moment. I knew of a couple of Series I's locally [one complete with tree between the bumper and dumb irons] which looked as though they were abandoned but when located the owner refused to part with them - as a result I'm not willing to provide specific locations or map references.

some are sheds.

i know loads that are sheds :ph34r: :ph34r:

Very true but on the other hand have you have obviously not considered that potentially pinpointing locations on private property might not be appreciated by the owners :rolleyes:

ah, good point <_< i may need you to be the brains of the mission!, but only if i can call you steve, not Zeus :P