Show me yours and I will show you mine

o_teunico

Leave your pants on! I was just thinking about our home workshops and garages where we service and repair our beloved machines.

In my case I´m using a barn in the farm house belonging to my parents-in-law, surrounded by hundreds of home brewed wine and licour :rolleyes: .

I have a 6 metre long and half metre wide working table with various vinces and hand tools.

I have a budget 24ltr air compressor, pillar drill, belt+disc sander, MMA welder and belt driven disc saw.

Various wood ramps, axle stands and jacks coplete the setup.

In a few moths I hope to move to a bigger building, where hens and ducks are sleeping now.

That will enable me to work covered, because barn´s door is to small for the 1977 Roller caravan I´m restoring now.

p8010927pq.jpgp3110163pq.jpgp7300918pq.jpgpc021162pq.jpg

p8020936pq.jpg

Talk about luxury, I've just got a 16 foot drive! Admittedly I have a pit built in to the end of it next to my office window.

All the tools mentioned above, plus a bandsaw, mig and arc welders, 200 litre compressor and sand blaster, 3000 degree home made furnace (dont ask), metal detector and a garden full of flint knapping waste and flint nodules. Thats my back garden by the way, my drive is on the front of the house.

Also some very self important neighbours who see it as their duty to regularly report me to local councilors and police claiming I am obstructing the highway (which I am not), and a recently acquired flightless blackbird who had his wing mangled by said neighbours' cat. He sits about 4 feet away from me when I am out fiddling with my 110, watching intently while nibbling worms I find under my crawler every morning. When it rains or snows he roosts under the roof of my bird table.

Pictures to follow.

Eric

12 feet of drive at the front and the weather as it comes, unless its a job that doesn't require any kind of width or access to both sides, and then I can use the carport, which is only 8" wider that the landy at the roof posts, and does a damn fine imitation o a wind tunnel in winter!

Mine under construction last year: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=76007

9m x 12m, two 3m x 2.8m roller doors and about 10m of workbench down one of the long walls plus the loft space is floored out with OSB to provide about 25m2 storage for lightweight stuff upstairs. Currently home to a 5.8m RIB on trailer, Mrs BM's 110SW, my 110SW, my Ford Ranger, motorbike, ATV, cement mixer, ride on lawnmower, gas barbecue, a new fuel tank for the house, three ladders and a large pile of building materials for the extension, as well as all the tools etc.

It's getting a bit tight in there, I knew I should have made it bigger :)

Only half of my Disco fits in my garage, the wives 1981 Mini only just fits. The 110 would half fit in , but only if I took the wheels off. Mind you, got a huge gravelled garden (great way to lose sockets) which is a freezing nightmare in the winter and in the summer attracts mosquitos, ceratopogonids and other blood sucking insects from miles around....

Folks wonder why I damage myself so often, it's mainly due to swatting blood suckers or hypothermia!!!

Well my build has been carried out entirely in a single concrete section-o-lised Garage (is that a proper word :ph34r: )

I get well jealous of these huuuuuuuuuge garages and space some people have :lol:

IMG_0029.jpg

But.......At least its not outside and I can leave the tools out when I've had enough, to come back another day

Regards

Les

At home, the incredibly uneven brick drive come rain or shine. (The puddles that gather are especially good at seeping through the zip of the waterproof overalls)

303816_2479007454897_2147450386_n.jpg

At girlfriend's, the yard which is usually covered in a nice layer of standing water mixed with hen, horse and dog muck.

219318_4639341181890_536972154_o.jpg

With special mention to the hard shoulder, kerb, fields and various car parks...

Now I´m feeling fortunate about having a workbench in a weather-proof building!

Here some pics posted years ago in various spanish speaking forums. These are the years when I was single and my parents home was my workshop.

First, the semi-detached warm garage, with trolley jack frienly painted floor

image004rm.jpg

Ramps come very handy for RTI testing. In this case setup was a 109" front + 88" rear Santana parabolics + 1 Ton shacles + standard shocks. My brother at the wheel.

image034j.jpg

Fully detached one. Not very good insulation and uneven concrete floor, but 4 by 9 metre size. Picture was taken the day after rolling Seferino, our beloved 88". That day my brother found that high road speeds + Series Landy don´t mix well. He fortunately escaped unhurt.

sefevolcadomdfgif.gif

Nice looking facilities you have there, and space undercover for the truck too!!! You lucky git!

I have a garage that is crammed full of tools, (the Colchester Student lathe takes up rather a lot of space), pillar drill, MIG welder, angle grinders, chop saw, Hydrovane compressor (quiet enough to not wake up my 2 year old daughter) large bench that I rarely can see, and not enough shelving for storing parts of (broken) Landrovers.

As for working facilities I do at least have a driveway, so I don't end up spilling too much oil on the public highway. The drive is only as long as my Ninety, so pedestrians have to take a detour around the truck when I am out there working on it.

If the rain gets a bit heavy, and the wind isn't too crazy I have a pop up gazebo, although I have to lift it over the Landy.

Looking at your location in Spain, I guess your weather is not that much drier than where I am.

8x5m shed, there's a land rover in there somewhere... Unfortunately there's also tonnes of junk shoved in after moving house, and now it's 50 miles from home too, which doesn't help.

IMG_9294.JPG

With the amount of stuff in there it must have taken a weekend and a seperate removal truck just to move that lot :lol: