ibex 300 build

• 1 month later...

Last week i replaced the radiator with an aluminium item. After a conversation with tsd about how 45 needed a new rad he suggested ali ones are not much more than a plastic ends job. So the ibex rad out and into 45, shiney new Ali one into the ibex. Today I final got round to filling it and discovered it leaks less if you actually tighten the vent cap up :ph34r:. Rad full a few turns and she was up and running for the first time this year. This allowed me to run the heater up so I could label it correctly. In between replacing our bathrooms and redecorating half the house I've made up some fibreglass covers for the rear seatbelts and winch access under the rear seat (I'm hoping to fit these tomorrow). I'll try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow too.

Mike

• Like 1

Battery fitted and strapped down. Covers over the battery, winch and where the second battery will be (at a later date) trimmed and fixings sorted. Rear seatbelt covers trimmed and fixed.

20180218_110658.thumb.jpg.30a62b1af28dfddce51520f97f06a302.jpg

20180218_153020.thumb.jpg.c5b1c3f9a8810cc8015755ce38d42c7c.jpg

I then discovered the seat belts I have for the front are nowhere near long enough :(. So I moved on to the rear door cards. I did the seal between handle and door cards. Finally trimmed and glued in place the rear door catch covers.

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Are you going to carpet over the panels for some more noise reduction or leave them?

Leave them wipe clean. I have children and I like offroading nuff said. There is the neoprene/bubble wrap insulation and a strip off flashband on the inside of the door skin.

Mike

Ok so I didn't do any actual work today. I have filled out the IVA application form and sorted the paperwork that goes with it ready to post. But I have 3 jobs that I want ticked off before I post it these are.

Fit the steering wheel (this requires the interior lights fixing first).

Front seatbelts (waiting for them to be delivered).

Fit rear number plate bracket and light.

Mike

The 110 wheel and an aftermarket one I have won't pass IVA. The discovery wheel fits the column (110) and the switch gear (disco) but not when they're together. So I've got a mini wheel coming that should satisfy both. 

I fix the drivers window catch and covered the door mirror bolts. Fitted the gutter trim. The interior light was a broken connection on the disco loom which required the dash out but that's all done now.

Mike