For The Love Of Cars...

=jon=

I thought it was OK - you could see that a LOT of work had been done in the background that wasn't shown though - the axles magically got repainted and looked to have brand new swivels etc, and Mr. Glenister came across a big condescending at times to some of the enthusiasts, but they did make a very nice job of the series 1...

The off road bit looked like the 4x4 without a club course at Aldermaston, although I may be completely wrong..

Car SOS was a good call, we are quite enjoying catching up with that :)

It was ok , but what happened to the patina of age ? Tbh a find in that condition would have looked a lot better

cleaned and fixed and put on the road as it was . It now looks just like every other polished up 80". Just my opinion of

course.

I'm also pretty sure that there are a lot more than 400 80" LandRovers still on the road? The galv drips on the grille really caught

my eye too

It was good to see Tom Sheppard on the tv as well

cheers

Steveb

I think it was a competent job of restoration , could have been better, as it was a bit overdone , but some of the earlier comments that were not followed up on , eg patina etc , might have been overruled by the intended sale by auction at the end ! It will most likely make them the biggest money back , of the projected vehicles for resto .

Did anyone else spot the backwards 90 chassis (coil sprung!) used in the cartoon representation of the rebuild - where they started with the chassis and added engine, axles and body all onto the chassis backwards - chassis facing left, engine and body facing right? ...or was it only me that was that nerdy???

Chris

..or was it only me that was that nerdy???

I think you win the Golden Anorak Chris! :rofl:

I thought it was a reasonable job without all the staged drama or hideous bodging that almost all other shows like this seem to do. It was a shame they re-painted it, and of course they glossed over a hell of a lot of work, but all in all I quite liked it. Good to see some off-roading in there too.

• Like 1

I think you win the Golden Anorak Chris! :rofl:

I thought it was a reasonable job without all the staged drama or hideous bodging that almost all other shows like this seem to do. It was a shame they re-painted it, and of course they glossed over a hell of a lot of work, but all in all I quite liked it. Good to see some off-roading in there too.

I thought it was pretty much OK within the timescale and did show us in a good light, ending up with a very tidy restoration blinged up for auction. I also thought the Resto bloke was at least enthusiastic about the job in hand, whereas the actor came over a bit moody and up himself. Shame because I used to like him on the Telly.

Barry

Phil Bashall? I seem to remember he was active in the AWDC in the 80's ?

I tried to buy that Roadless back in the early 90's when it came up for release from service

tis a pretty cool little set up he has there , lots of odd variants

cheers

Steveb