anyone put some of these on their truck (polybush type engine mount)

discomikey

I'll put a question to you. Do you think that after-market suppliers of suspension, engine & gearbox isolation mounting rubbers spend as much money in research on NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) as the manufacturer did when they came to specify the original mounts and mount material? Answer is an emphatic NO !!!

I'll put a question to you. Do you think that after-market suppliers of suspension, engine & gearbox isolation mounting rubbers spend as much money in research on NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) as the manufacturer did when they came to specify the original mounts and mount material? Answer is an emphatic NO !!!

Sorry I disagree.

Sure the pot of money aftermarket suppliers use is a lot smaller. But they also aren't doing all the R&D or starting at the very beginning.

The manufacture has already done a heap of R&D and in stock trim will normally offer up a compromise solution based on:

-cost

-performance

-comfort

This gives any 3rd party suppliers a fantastic starting point to tailor a part in another direction. But as a rule being better at one thing will result in being worse in others.

Dirtydiesel replicated the QT captive mounts, not a tricky fab job if there's a chance the truck might roll ever. You could incorporate a bigger/softer bush (EG freelander rear diff mount void bush) in a similar design but it might not like supporting a big rattly engine.