Terrafirma Mega sport kit

tonyker

I had a Google for it. Comes in various flavours with 9" and 11" travel shocks with the full monty turrets and reservoir equipped shocks.

I've got the 2" lift kit on mine, no complaints apart from the springs could do with some thicker powder coat.

When it goes I'll be going for some old man emu stuff though.

Wow! That is very costly. With careful selection of parts you will get the same level of suspension performance for far less £. As others have said Gwyn Lewis kit is a great, well proven, strong reliable kit

I'm with Mo though, the best money you can spend on a Land Rover to improve off road performance is a rear locking differential. For the cost of that suspension kit you could buy a built ashlocker for the rear, plus shafts and flanges all round and cv's for the front! I know which I'd rather have

thanks for all the replies, I currently have lockers and what an improvement they make. i have been looking at the king set up but from talking to a friend with the same kit he has had to buy a lot other bits and pieces on top to make the kit work the best.

i have been looking at other kits at D44 but i am after a set that has separate reservoir shocks.

has anybody got a Fox set up on theres?

Here's a thread from a little while ago that may help understand my question about why remote reservoir ....

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=91946&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

I had them on motorbikes and they made a difference - but only at speeds that would seem irrelevant to most Land Rover applications.

i have the fox bolt on reservoir shocks on my 110, cant complain as they seem to work well, cant get them as hot as the shocks on the other car but still get some heat into them,

the 110 is heavy when its fully loaded & they are distinct improvement over the Koni raid shocks that were fitted

thanks for all the replies, I currently have lockers and what an improvement they make. i have been looking at the king set up but from talking to a friend with the same kit he has had to buy a lot other bits and pieces on top to make the kit work the best.

i have been looking at other kits at D44 but i am after a set that has separate reservoir shocks.

has anybody got a Fox set up on theres?

I have a mate who might be interested in selling his complete King D44 setup, I could inquire if your interested? I have to add that it is located in Denmark though

• 5 months later...

I have a mate who might be interested in selling his complete King D44 setup, I could inquire if your interested? I have to add that it is located in Denmark though

- I would be very interested if your friend in Denmark still has the used kit for sale. PM sent.

Another idea for you, request to purchase the TF Mega sport kit, but without the Mega Sport reservoir shocks, and then you can but you're own, king or Fox shocks. I see what you're aiming for, It does seem to be a rather complete, easy kit, and I know people are saying "expensive" but it's not that bad imo, especially if you ditch those shocks we know nothing about.... I know TF regular shock build quality are no match for OME etc, so I would be careful.. I'm sure you could keep the hydro bump stops though.