NERC petition - sign this now!

bobzilla7

I have not signed-up, if the spelling is incorrect what message does that send to the PM?

I thought about that. I concluded that there are plenty of people in this country who cannot read or write and that they have the same rights as anyone else to be heard. I have no idea if the PM knows or cares about that, I suspect not. Rightly or wrongly spelled or worded the message is clear, I support the petition and I want the government to know that - particularly when election time comes round again.

Chris

I have not signed-up, if the spelling is incorrect what message does that send to the PM?

The PM never looks at these anyway - there are just far too many. A petition just makes the likes of us feel better and that we might have the smallest stake in goverment policy while I suspect it just saves No 10 the hassle of shredding all the paper petitions previously handed in!

Can you, hand on heart, think of a petition to the PM that has made any difference?

I've signed anyway.

Si

Even tho some of you don't feel that it will ever be looked at, we have to do all we can - complacency is why we lost our RuPPs in the first place and if we're not careful we may just lose our UCRs as well.

Thanks for everone who has signed. It wasn't me that put it up there but there's no point in doing another that is spelt correctly as that would make us seem disorganised.

The PM never looks at these anyway - there are just far too many. A petition just makes the likes of us feel better and that we might have the smallest stake in goverment policy while I suspect it just saves No 10 the hassle of shredding all the paper petitions previously handed in!

Can you, hand on heart, think of a petition to the PM that has made any difference?

I've signed anyway.

Si

I imagine that the must take note of the ones that hit a certian number.

Obviously the 'noise' is ignored.

• 1 month later...