I can help you gain an easy 25-30hp with a Boost Pin and my Dynamic Timing Advance Spacer kit 😉 (full details on what they are and how they work on my website).

As for VNT control I have tried boost controlled and vacuum controlled using a DigiBooster and they both felt a little clunky.
I would like to try a little double acting air cylinder which uses exhaust back pressure to open the vanes and boost pressure on the other side to slow down the rate of opening.
This should get you near the optimal 1:1 boost:drive pressure ratio to give you sprightly performance without high EGTs or fuel consumption.
A 2256v off an Audi or Iveco would be the one to look at 2052v is a little small.

Food for thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

My forged steering arm looks to have bent slightly, not through being hit just not up to the strain will need to brace or fab a new one up

I can't remember was it tube or solid? Might be stronger if it's tube?

Pretty fair summary!

Steering box? Did you find out if it was the seal or a bent output shaft? 

I realise I have a 6-bolt out of LGT that are supposed to be HD, I think? Could send up with springs if you so desire.... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

Pretty fair summary!

Steering box? Did you find out if it was the seal or a bent output shaft

Well remembered

Forgot about that, not checked properly as yet, just washed most of the Welsh mud off it in my neighbours field

Regards Stephen

That is a hell of a result for a first time out and something that’s had so much work that’s never been done before with little testing. Top marks sir!

I think I did the gear ratios for you earlier in the thread(I’m not scrolling all the way back there😂), with your set up and a 1:1 box, your gearing will be approximately the same as a standard defender but a lower low ratio(obviously) 

Re steering arms; I’ll dig out some photos of some high steer arms for you, they’re mostly for hydro but you can use the mog arms for the track rod and the high steer arm for the drag link as I plan to do….

if you fancy switching to the correct engine….I have a 4.6 short block here, some heads and a few other bits and pieces to make maybe 70% of the engine. yours if you want it in return for the flanges👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

I realise I have a 6-bolt out of LGT that are supposed to be HD, 

I'll pass on that for now as I have a good 4 bolt to put on, but thank you all the same

Are they stronger, there seems to be different views on this

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dangerous doug said:

That is a hell of a result for a first time out and something that’s had so much work that’s never been done before with little testing. Top marks sir!

I think I did the gear ratios for you earlier in the thread(I’m not scrolling all the way back there😂), with your set up and a 1:1 box, your gearing will be approximately the same as a standard defender but a lower low ratio(obviously) 

Re steering arms; I’ll dig out some photos of some high steer arms for you, they’re mostly for hydro but you can use the mog arms for the track rod and the high steer arm for the drag link as I plan to do….

if you fancy switching to the correct engine….I have a 4.6 short block here, some heads and a few other bits and pieces to make maybe 70% of the engine. yours if you want it in return for the flanges👍

Thanks, I probably had less teething issues than I thought I was going to have

A 1.1 box/ gears will be a sensible 1st move I think

Just had a look at some high steering set up's, should be pretty easy to configure and fab up

Way too generous on the short block etc, the flanges did not consume that much time, but very nice of you indeed. Going to explore the 200tdi tuning for now because it's convenient and I need to catch up on some neglected diy jobs

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

I understood they stuck them on the 130 ambulances like @FridgeFreezer@FridgeFreezer's for that reason.... But I could be wrong. 

When I did a bit of looking it was actually Nige on here that said they were weaker ???

Not saying your wrong and your knowledge is streets ahead of mine

Regards Stephen