2 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

But if I did that you would want it lol......... Regards Stephen

Nope :blush:

IMG_20220203_164630_911.thumb.jpg.ec45327857e3c45caf89c5ecbab6f0e2.jpg

Few hundred kilos at 8m and a little over a tonne up close I think. If I need heavier the 2CX will lift 2t to 14ft

38 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Less than I thought from the first look when you lifted the body 😊

To be fair now I've needle gunned it, it's not bad and if I wasn't putting mog axles on it would only be a couple of patches and out riggers

Although I'm not anticipating it will take me long to sort out, the pain will be test fitting stuff before I'm in a position to paint chassis and build up for good regards Stephen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L19MUD said:

I have the FOX 2.0 shocks on my 90 in plus 50mm size. I bought them from Gigglepin who are the only uk supplier I found when I looked for defender specific fitments

Yes you've mentioned this previously, how good are they ??

I'm looking at the Fox adjustable dampening ones my thoughts being I could stiffen them up for road use and reduce roll on corners with the single link set up I'm going with at the moment

The prices are eye watering

Also there isn't enough information on the sites ie: piston stroke, I'm looking to get a minimum of 10" more would be better , @L19MUD how much stroke do your shocks have ?

Any info from anyone would be great, would it be cheaper to import them myself ??

Thoughts please regards Stephen

13 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Yes you've mentioned this previously, how good are they ??

Also there isn't enough information on the sites ie: piston stroke, I'm looking to get a minimum of 10" more would be better , @L19MUD how much stroke do your shocks have ?

I fitted them to the back initially around 7 years ago and added them to the front 2 years ago when I did my rebuild. It is hard to give a totally solid comparison as I inevitably went from tired oil filled to the gas Fox ones. My feeling is that the 90 does not crash over bumps now and I get a more comfortable ride at all speeds.

A mate of mine who had a TD5 90 Van always comments on how much nicer the ride feels in my 90 compared to his totally standard spring/shock/wheel setup. In theory mine should be worse as I have the genuine HD suspension spring setup with 2 inch lift blocks and 285/75 R16 tyres

I would give Jim at Gigglepin a ring as they have always been really helpful with me

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Stephen, they came from Blackbird Industries. Part owned by our very own @discomikey .

It’s been that long… I think they’re 14” travel fronts, and will be 12” rears. The 14” cause a lot of tyre clearance problems but you should be ok with the portals. How wide did you end up at in the end? 

Cheers Ross

@discomikeycan be difficult to get hold of and not responding to pm's at the moment

Width to tyre outside edges is 74" my lightweight on 265's is 71" so I've managed to get total width down to only 1 1/2" extra per side, pretty happy with that regards Stephen

• Like 2