Dont work tired...

Maverik

Worst I've done on a LR product is pour in 8 litres of new clean fully-synthetic engine-oil before noticing the growing puddle of new clean fully-synthetic engine-oil emerging from beneath the vehicle and spotting the sump-plug/copper-washer sitting smugly on the wing.

£60 down the drain [or rather, all over the concrete].

I also once jacked-up a LR in a narrow-ish workshop to replace the front CVs, only to find - after I'd pulled the swivel-hub apart - that the workshop was about an inch too narrow to let me pull the thing out of the diff-casing :( Edited by Tanuki
  • Haha 1

I like this thread, sorry for the damage, but it reassures me that I'm not alone. Can't think of any major mistakes (probably due to me cleansing my memory), but loads of minor things, caused by working too fast!

20 hours ago, muddy said:

d the obligatory slave cylinder rod retaining clip, can you even call yourself a landcover mechanic if you haven't had to take at least one gearbox back out to put that back on? perhaps we should have a tally system like WW2 fighters had for kills 😆

Its probably for the best that we are NOT working on WW2 Fighters................

Actually, I wonder if aircraft mechanics have these problems ? 😲

As a aircraft technician we have a some hard to reach places with limited access, 

Doesn't have to go up the road but if something fails in flight the aircraft cannot pull over into a layby to do a fix, could at worst fall out of the sky & kill people & it's crew. 

• Like 1

Not fall out the sky, but on its nose. A BA 787 nose gear recently collapsed when the pilot was testing the hydraulics prior to take off. The aircraft mechanic was to short to put the locking pin in so asked somebody else to do it and they put it in the wrong hole. Boeing did know this was a problem so had a solution to stop this happening which had not been retrofitted to the BA jet.

18 minutes ago, soutie said:

Boeing did know this was a problem so had a solution to stop this happening which had not been retrofitted to the BA jet.

Please tell me the solution is to issue platform boots to the shorter technicians?

• Haha 3