SLRC Summer Sisters 24-25th June 2023

Bowie69

Seems like we have quite a few going from the forum this time, be good to catch up with people I've not seen in a while! Hopefully meet for the first time a few more of you. 

This will be the second visit to Walter's for the LGT, I'm not sure I've actually done that much to it since last time, will be good to see how he gets on with a locker and slightly larger tyres which will hopefully stop be getting hung up so much....😬

So who else is going? 

• Like 1

Me and @elbekko will be there, with the Lightweight and P38. Still need to sort some practical details, like a copilot for me and a tow vehicle + second trailer... With a bit of luck, those will come as a complete package. 🙂

Looking forward to it, even if the preparation to get there is a bit more stressful this year.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the first year where I don't break anything now that I bring the car on a trailer :D

Will be good to see you, and everyone else, again.

It'll also be interesting to see how the dog reacts to off-roading...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

@elbekko and @Escape When does it become easier for you two to go halves on an HGV? :D

The issue is parking it somewhere... :P

17 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

When is it? Sadly I'm likely to be buried in house stuff..... hopefully not literally as we'll be putting in some structural steel shortly :lol: 

Weekend of the 24th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Escape said:

Something like this?

M25 Tank Transporter Dragon Wagon on the move! - YouTube

Seems I wont have a copilot, but tow vehicle secured and trailer shouldn't be a problem. Out with the card to book the ferry...

That just might be ferry prohibitive, but it would be fun to watch. :ph34r:

"Yes sir you want to book a what????? On the Calais to Dover ferry crossing." :rtfm: :hysterical:

Mike

47 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

That just might be ferry prohibitive, but it would be fun to watch. :ph34r:

"Yes sir you want to book a what????? On the Calais to Dover ferry crossing." :rtfm: :hysterical:

Mike

it used to be no problem , but i just read that the "War and Peace show" is cancelled .

held every year in june/july in kent , thousends of military vehicle's on display , including main battle tanks from al over europe ...

https://warandpeaceshow.com/

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I'll be there in t'ambulance, probably spend most of the weekend stood round the tea urn chatting as usual :lol:

Not removing stuck people until the small hours again then, on both nights....? 

• Haha 2

• Retroanaconda changed the title to SLRC Summer Sisters 24-25th June 2023
2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Not removing stuck people until the small hours again then, on both nights....? 

Lord I hope not - that particular section is out of bounds now anyway, I think it *would* have been last time too if they thought anyone would be daft enough to drive up there :lol:

2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Not fitting the winch and taking the 109 then? :ph34r: 

The ambulance and a bad back ate all my spannering time this season :( but on the plus side I've accumulated a fair few brownie points and the 109 is gradually coming along one setback at a time :lol: