SLRC Summer Sisters 24-25th June 2023

Bowie69

Extremely sad to say I'm not going to make it. Some will know I've been working to get ready for months but it still has issues (including some new ones). I'm just not confident to drive it so far, run it and come back. I'm not really enjoying owning it any more.

I'm going to use it locally to see if anything comes of some issues (booked into a garage for others) and work out what to do next.

I was looking to cancel as I thought I was all booked up but looks like it didn't go through... Just the camping.

Huge shame as I was looking forward to meeting so many of you. 

• Sad 4

Sam, if I had a spare, you'd be more than welcome, I'm sure you know that -perhaps update your thread with what's up when you aren't too severely hacked off with it, we have some time, perhaps essential stuff can be sorted beforehand?

Plus you know how absolutely desperate I am to have that combustion gasses tester back 😛 

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Sorry to hear that Sam - you'd be very welcome to run up in a "regular" car just as a social thing, I know @miketomcat has a spare seat and I'm sure we could find you a few passenger rides.

@ThreePointFive as fridge says you more than welcome to jump in with me. I'm driving up from Southampton on Friday morning and camping at the show caves if that helps.

Mike

• Like 1

I really appreciate the offers (and I do mean that) but I know from previous experience that sitting in as passenger when I don't have a working vehicle only makes me more frustrated with the fact I'm not driving mine. 

I've arranged to go camping about 15 miles from here, so we'll see how it does for that at least.

I hope you all have a great time. Please share photos for those who didn't make it.

• Like 2

Have a good weekend away, Sam, hope to see you soon. 

Weirdly I think I'm ready, but I have a few things that would be nice to haves.... But essentially I could leave tomorrow if it were this weekend! 

How ready is everyone else? 

4 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Have a good weekend away, Sam, hope to see you soon. 

Weirdly I think I'm ready, but I have a few things that would be nice to haves.... But essentially I could leave tomorrow if it were this weekend! 

How ready is everyone else? 

Not.

Then again, I can throw my tyres and old bumper on, and drive around. But would be really nice to at least get the bumper sorted...

• Like 1

Well the test-drive for the ambulance went OK (LeMans and back) only a snapped handbrake cable to sort out.

Have come home with the lurgi though so really hoping to kick that by next weekend or I'm going to be grumpier than usual :ph34r:

I've spent last night sorting the electrics on the borrowed car trailer. Tomorrow I'll fire up Tommy (not expecting any trouble there, it's only been a couple of weeks) and do a quick service and a more thorough one on the Range Rover. Camping gear etc still pretty much packed from the metal festival last weekend. Just need to restock water and biscuits.

I'll find some time to give @elbekko a hand, the bumper really is coming along very nicely! And the winch will be a very worthwhile addition!

• Like 3

I was doing quite well, truck half packed, seals and fluids sorted, trailer collected this morning and then discovered one of my indicators has packed up. Fortunately it turned out to be just a broken terminal which I've now fixed. So place your bets on what's next.......

Mike