SLRC Summer Sisters 24-25th June 2023

Bowie69

2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Nothing overly dramatic from Sid at this point, a PAS failure meant it was quite hard work to drive!

Great video's Bowie and looks like everyone had a good weekend.

Sid really reminds me of Wild Fing, makes it all look a doddle.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Gutted to have missed this years event. Normally try to get there once a year and its normally me and Darthdicky amusing ourselves. It much more fun with a group/mini convoy to give a bit of peer pressure and challenge each other 😁

• Like 2

Great photos & video, thanks guys - glad you all had a good time!

I have a few pics I need to go through and upload when I get a moment.

Unfortunately much like Mike - being on admin duties &/or helping various people fix their trucks meant I hardly got to bimble round all weekend but it was great to see everyone, and glad you all got home (mostly) without incident.

• Like 3

I can only repeat what has been said above: we had a fantastic weekend out, great to see so many familiar faces and some new ones, admire the different vehicles and have a gentle trundle about the site. I even got to play in the swamp this year. 😁

We did have some delays making it out of Wales, due to an accident on the M4 at Newport. Which meant there was no more time for breaks and it was a race to make it to the ferry. Which we did, with about 5 mins to spare I think. I got a bit stressed when I found myself trapped in cue behind some buses at customs, but could squeeze past soon enough. I got home around 04.15h, Ben about an hour later, with an extra stop. Tommy impressed me again. But yes, still for sale. 🙂 Might need to look at the clunk in the front axle though, sounded pretty bad driving of the trailer this morning... 

• Like 2

Despite the trials and tribulations myself and Jake had a fantastic weekend, it would also appear that Jake is now hooked so to speak.

Thank you to all for making it so good, great to see everyone and safe to say we will be back

Thanks once again Stephen and Jake

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

it would also appear that Jake is now hooked so to speak.

I have just heard of a nicely built Lightweight that might be up for sale in your rough neck of the woods (well Scotland)... :ph34r:

It was very nice seeing everyone again and meeting the new people. Lots of fun was had. I got to test out the bumper and winch, even though I didn't actually get stuck. Somehow the car came back less broken than when we left :blink:

As Filip said, the drive back was fairly painful. Not a lot of time to spare, so the dog had to hold it in until France. But we managed. Arrived home around 5:30. Really should just stay until monday next year...

Pictures and videos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mw7AdJz1ASqZbfU28

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

To add to this, also met our very own @Ed Poore, apologies for missing you off the list 🫣

One thing I will add about our very own Ed Poore, he is a seriously talented driver, pretty sure he could do Swan Lake ballet in his 110 and still look graceful

Regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

It was very nice seeing everyone again and meeting the new people. Lots of fun was had. I got to test out the bumper and winch, even though I didn't actually get stuck. Somehow the car came back less broken than when we left :blink:

As Filip said, the drive back was fairly painful. Not a lot of time to spare, so the dog had to hold it in until France. But we managed. Arrived home around 5:30. Really should just stay until monday next year...

Pictures and videos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mw7AdJz1ASqZbfU28

Thanks for posting, some great footage.

I have to ask, what happened to the disco?

image.png.da2753785e0ff724546566d8e072b0f6.png

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Daan said:

I have to ask, what happened to the disco?

A very bad luck fluke - they weren't doing anything silly or difficult, just caught something at the wrong angle and went over. Everyone was fine, a bit shaken up (mainly because it was so unexpected). The Disco will likely become a buggy for the next event :lol: and it already donated multiple parts to help others get home!

• Like 2

Just now, Bowie69 said:

As I thought, he's into speeeeeed.... 

Typical for young 'uns ;)

To be fair it wasn't about the speed, he really liked how compact the car is and how stable it felt, I get his point it did feel good

Regards Stephen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bowie69 said:

Glad he enjoyed it... Perhaps when he's got more time behind the wheel he'd like a spin it in the other seat... 

Good God I will not tell him that .........yet......

I really cannot be bothered to drive back down tonight.....................

Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

To be fair it wasn't about the speed, he really liked how compact the car is and how stable it felt, I get his point it did feel good

Regards Stephen

If he wants to experience the complete opposite, I think mine fits the glove.

Just spent the last half hour looking up if the wife's sante fe has the towing capacity.  Can't remember the last time I took the Lwt properly off road.

11 minutes ago, MECCANO said:

If he wants to experience the complete opposite, I think mine fits the glove.

Just spent the last half hour looking up if the wife's sante fe has the towing capacity.  Can't remember the last time I took the Lwt properly off road.

I would think it might be ok, plenty people towing double horse boxes with them up here

Regards Stephen