I'm back

Nonimouse

10 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

I'm back...

A few of you know, but most don't, I was hospitalised at the end of April, with Sepsis. ICU unconcious for most of May, then some time in recovery ward. Been out since early Jun, recuperating at my Mum's, until I was fit to return home. First day back at work today on a phased return.

Good things: I'm not dead, a bonus I feel, I also lost a lot of weight. I also appear to have no major long term damage. I have a whole new appreciation of life

Bad things: Damn but it take a long time to get back fit - and I still not there. My middle daughter was so traumatised by seeing me in ICU, that she took and overdose. She's okay now though.

Glad you are OK Dave, I guess you need to follow doctors orders now.

I know sepsis only too well, my wife had it 6 times in 2019, and the first time we very nearly lost her, however, my daughter is a nurse and her intervention saved her mum's life. Once they got to the root cause, she has been fine since.

After the first time, I knew the symptoms and the next 5 episodes I quickly rushed her to the A&E in the Volvo, laying in the back with the rear seat folded !

Edited by Bull Bar Cowboy
  • Like 1

Ironic really that the one who can talk the hind legs off a herd of donkeys got a throat infection.......😆

Was very sobering to see you in hospital but it has been great to see you recover although I am somewhat jealous of your racing snake physique!

• Haha 2

If this is a highlight you must have been in a **** place

One of the highlights of my hospital recuperation was a visit by Charles Bishop and Matt Neale.  I was having a bad day. Seeing these two was a huge help. 

seriously though glad you are ok now

ps can I have first dibs on your landrovers   

• Haha 1