Post a pic of your Series Landie

300bhp/ton

At Brick Kiln, before being taken off the road for "just a new gearbox", err that was 2 years ago and nearly finished a complete rebuild now! :rolleyes:

before.jpg

And at Grand Canyon showing the trademark black doors:

nh5715_John_bendy_twisty_back.jpg

It will be back soon, oh yes...

Roofline.jpg

gallery_1618_185_521857.jpg

My 2a with new rear cross member being fitted.

Just thought I'd point out that it is a very bad idea to connect the welding earth clamp to a wheel nut. You can easily end up with current arcing across either the wheel bearings or the spider gears of the diff. This can lead to seizure at the time of welding, or at an undeterminable time in the future due to arcing damage to bearing races or gears. If you were very lucky you may have got away with it. :D

Regards,

Diff

Now that looks nice - what's the plan for it?

She's lovely (sorry but definitely a girl), allegedly sympathetically restored around six years ago and in my limited knowledge i'd say that's about right. A few sensible mods, i.e. 2.25 to replace 2l, most of a roll cage(back stays are missing :o but not too much of a problem, replacing them is one of the first jobs)

Plans for now are to use for the summer, greenlanes maybe an rtv or two with one of the local clubs (Muddy Millers). Oh and if required marshalling at AWDC round 3. Long term have some ideas but i want to see how she goes before tackling anything

Proper old skool cool, none of this 100in bedsprung stuff here ;)

I'll pop up a thread shortly in members vehicles with more photos and detailed plans.

Found on ebay and when i did the sums buying this one worked out a lot cheaper than rebuilding the one in the shed, mind you SWMBO has already asked what i'm doing with that one :rolleyes:

anyway best stop hijacking this thread now :)

Just thought I'd point out that it is a very bad idea to connect the welding earth clamp to a wheel nut. You can easily end up with current arcing across either the wheel bearings or the spider gears of the diff.

Diff

No spider gears in a detroit diff centre,but yes,I take your point - rough-arsed welder will be severely reprimanded.