New tyres from Silverline

Holyzeus

that's some offset on those wheels smo. Not impressed with the fact that you couldn't even drive over those lumps of wood though ;);)

Cheers

Steve

lol, i had to push that bloody thing off the trailer up the slope on the drive.....not an easy task, i'm really quite greatful it couldnt get over the wood otherwise i'd have 2 smashed cars and a squashed body! :P

smo

can you take larger pictures?

my eyesight is poor and the pictures I'd like to see in more detail, inc your build up ones

I can, piccies of the tyres coming up - i was keepiong the build ones small for those not on broadband, but from now on can post larger ones on the updates, if there are any you want to see larger just ask!

I have a set for my RRC LSE 35" x 1250,

No there not as good as simex but unlike simex after a short road trip you will still have a full set of teeth left and can here your engine on the road. ;)

Most of the trucks on this vid are running them

Guys,

Just to let you know that Innovation4x4 / GPC have been importing the Creepy Crawlers for quite a while now (were the 1st one in the UK I believe) and they've got them in stock.

Call Barry or Steve.... they are nice & helpful chaps as well :D

This is true, Barry got me my set long before anyone else started selling them :)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I have supplied and fitted loads of Mudzillas and Creepy Crawlers. I saw both tyres being used at Ladoga and made sure I could get my hands on them.

The feedback I'm getting is that the Mudzillas work really well at 15 to 20 PSI andthey are awesome at 4 PSI. B)

I've yet to hear a report on the Creepy Crawlers in deep mud, but I'm told they are awesome at the quarry style events.

I've put a set of 37x12.50x16 on my C303 to be used as a tow motor and support truck for the comp car.

Inflated the 35x13.50x15 Mudzillas measure 34 1/4" x 13".

The 37x12.50x16 Creepy Crawlers measure 36 1/4" x 12"

Piccies. :)

post-1435-1191788742_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788774_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788834_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788861_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788889_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788910_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788921_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788945_thumb.jpg

post-1435-1191788964_thumb.jpg

3rd photo appears to show 2 different sorts of tyre, tread is similar but not the same, which one is which and what is the other one? Mudzilla must be the one on the right by the other pics I have seen? definitely the better looking of the two IMHO

by the way Paul you have a PM...

I fancy a set of mudzillas in 35" or there abouts for my next set of tyres. What sort of price can you do? What width of rim do you recommend?

Si

You have PM.

Mudzilla's did seem to work well, i only saw one set of creepy crawlers though and they were on a support barge not on event.

The Creepys were on that Blue C303 6x6 Command Cab that I seemed to follow for hundreds of miles. ;)

3rd photo appears to show 2 different sorts of tyre, tread is similar but not the same, which one is which and what is the other one? Mudzilla must be the one on the right by the other pics I have seen? definitely the better looking of the two IMHO

by the way Paul you have a PM...

The tyre on the left in the pic is a 305x70x16 (33x12) Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial used as a tread comparrison.

You also have PM.

Paul. B)

Hmm I prefer the Mudzillas in that case... :)

what size is the Mudzilla on the right? 33 or 35? looks quite a bit bigger?

Looking at the tread pattern of the Baja Claw I would say that it would handle like sh*t in the wet on-road. Not a problem for a full time off road truck, but not great for a mixed use vehicle in the forever dry Falklands ;)

Cheers

Steve

Looking at the tread pattern of the Baja Claw I would say that it would handle like sh*t in the wet on-road. Not a problem for a full time off road truck, but not great for a mixed use vehicle in the forever dry Falklands ;)

These are only for occasional use as my "big set", so on road manners not the prime concern, mountaineering ability is more important on these :)

I don't think they would last too long on road either as the tread depth is not that great so I expect the off road performance would fall off after a few thousand miles of on road use, but at the rate I use them on road they will last me for years.

No intention at all of straying from the hallowed path of BFG for the everyday tyre on the Defender (265/75R16 MT's) - been there and done that and I wouldn't bother trying to run grumbly tyres as an everyday option, they are just too irritating <_<