Britpart .... Name and Shame

rejo

Is that right that some of you find it OK to sling mud at people when they feel they have bought something that does not live up to expectations, and even a threat of a ban for voicing such feelings.

I think people are slinging mud if this turns out to be an unfounded whinge rather than a genuine complaint. Since there are no pictures (yet) it's difficult to know which it is.

Complaining about a company with good reason is fine, blaming your own incompetence on the parts/supplier is not.

Having just sat and read this thread i feel i need to make a reply.

Firstly not only has a senior member of Britpart found the time to email you personally , all be it with a delay (arnt we all busy) but as he has stated and only rightly as they only supply the part they can not comment on it as it is for the manufactor to deal with, which they are awaiting a reply.

Secondly you still have not posted pictures to back up your comment be it all cable tieng a few pipes back, i can imagine how much hard work that must have caused you.

:angry:Thirdly and lastly (mod please advise on this) i think it is a disgrace that you have merely cut and paste the reply on to the forum, i see why you have added his email but was it necesary to post his complete contact details including mobile phone etc. Surely he is entitled to privacy, whilist i am sure 99% of people on here will not bother about them there may be someone out there who has a greivance and decides to phone him. Maybe the mods or admin might want to look at removing the details. :angry:

Anyway this is only my opnion but from what i have read this thread is someone who has had to undertake a little more than stated on the box and isnt happy,

V8Camel, let's review the movie:

1. me ordering a list of 30-40 items, online shop, credit card, bla bla

2. couldn't pay for postage, too many items

3. I find out that they don't have parts on stock or not too many (what it says "stock" on their website should be read "supplier's stock"), they order from Britpart

4. When they'll get the parts from supplier they will tell me how much do I have to pay (postage price based on weight)

5. the package comes from Britpart at the reseller, I get quoted for the postage (overseas), I pay instantly, they miss the currier on their fault (friday - wait till monday)

6. package delivered. 2 items were wrong + 1 defective; obvious signs that the package is untouched, it was delivered to me as sent by Britpart to the reseller, all the items in one box; the defective item is on the previous page with pictures

The rest of the story in my previous post.

Let's not use the word "blame". Let's say I was not happy with:

A. Reseller:

- communication (1 out of 10! - 1 and not 0 because they answered the phone)

- not checking the contents of the box against my order before sending

- other things

B. Britpart:

- defective part (I know they don't make them but the responsibility is almost the same - they choose what to sell or not, where to buy from or not); I can't send it back, it will cost me twice the price of the part

- they didn't notify the reseller about delivering other parts than ordered (if they didn't have what was ordered); they charged the reseller with the wrong parts (the ones I ordered)

- lack of a proper internal or external (with resellers) procedure so this kind of things (wrong parts) should not happen (it can be done - I'm in a similar business, had problems some 10-12 years ago, we have 0% mishaps since then).

- it's the second time when it happens (different reseller, same old Britpart as the leading actor) from a total of 2 orders. I.e. 2 out of 2. So something must be fishy.

But, as I said, they are both in the same bucket:

bucket.gif

(someone said something about pictures :P )

So, I did business (sort of speak) with Britpart+Reseller as a whole. AFAIC the reseller could be just another office within Britpart's building or another warehouse in Patagonia.

When I buy a vehicle, say a LR, the vehicle doesn't get delivered to me directly from Solihull but to the dealer. There's a standard procedure for the dealer to perform some actions on the vehicle before delivering. If something is or goes wrong with the vehicle the blame goes on LR, not the dealer, and certainly not on the manufacturer of the part (say Valeo for clutches).

The result: I lost money and 4 weeks and Britpart played a role in this. These are the facts.

The other problem is Britpart are talking to Aussie as Safari which would look at this and say in tipical Aussie style

:lol: :lol: Yeah F Off mate , now where did i put that beer

So britpart will be getting hardly any help if any from the layed back people at Safari :lol::lol:

Please don't be offended but you drive a car with a 25mm tolerance.

IMHO you may have possibly over reacted just a little.

I personally would have cut the hose shorter to remedy the problem but that’s only me. :)

You might want to get out a little more

I was getting a little worried - I have exactly the same snorkel sitting in my hallway waiting to go on my Discovery :blink:

Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint) I'm not very technically minded, so in general I'm of the opinion that if something is in the way, hit it with a 'ammer until it's not in the way anymore (which is how I changed my shocks and fitted a dislocation cone), or cut it out.

I think I can live with a couple of cable ties and a bit of innertube to stop plastic rubbing rubber :ph34r: mmmmm rubber....

Don't suppose anyone can give me a hand fitting it? Hint hint....

edited to add:

I've not had any problems with the Britpart items I've purchased (which have been through Paddocks and a guy local to me).

Please don't be offended but you drive a car with a 25mm tolerance.

As the MD of BMW famously said to the rover board when he bought Land Rover and Rover group.

There are two man made things that can be seen from outer space, One is the great wall of China , the other is the panel gaps in a land rover discovery :):):)

I have to defend Jo here. Come on lads. The point he is making is that if you buy something to fit then that is what it should do. If it is brought to the attention of the supplier and he is given the run around for a couple of months that is poor customer service. That's it in a nutshell. I think this thread has been done to death!

One fact is that the snorkel kit your mate has is produced en mass.

If therefore it fits his with a close fit as per pics, but as others have said it fits theirs with a decent gap, then theres something odd going on - the snorkels will all be the same out of the mould. I think more likleyu he has something in his engine bay like a non genuine hose maybe ?, or something else, or even LR Legendary built tolerance quality than a snorkel prob.

Frankly he has overrected, ranted and had many on the forum sit on the fence waiting to decide until he posted the pics, since he did this the answer from most has been clear - prob not the snorkel issue, poss something else as above, and make a mountain from a small molehill.

At best an apology to the manufactuer who tried to reply would seem in order here - not holding my breath tho.....

I do agree with you this thread is now over

Nige