What have you always wanted to own or play with

ibexman

I always wanted to drive a Stalwort, but they were decommissioned just before I got to Germany in the late 80's. Only thing I want to drive now is a CR2. Just not that many around here :(

some of the really big trucks the army use are fun, i've driven a HUGE 6x6 foden which was pretty awesome... and really easy to drive.

A full size monster truck would be cool (have driven one of those aswell)

A Bowler...

Ferrari F40... total monster.

427 AC Cobra, all time favorite car...

Dakar rally truck

The list is massive. I'd love to have a go in a Bowler Wildcat or Nemisis (although I wouldn't say no to a Mattserati, Milner Protruck or simerlar), I'd love to have a go in a tank too just to see what they're like. I've had a go in a Ural before but I've always wanted to try a Scammel Explorer. Oh, and having a play in one of the full bore racing trucks from the 80's would be fun too. Then you get onto rally cars - something group C would be a laugh.

Then there's road and track cars..... Shelby 427 Cobra, Aston DBR9, F40, XJ220 (I love these cars as flawed as they are), McLaren F1, Ariel Atom, Ferarri 250 GTO, Lotus 49, Jag D-Type, a modern F1 car, Bugatti Veyron, a short chassis Le Mans Bentley are just a few that come to mind.

I'd love a Scammell Explorer. 15 years ago they were a relatively common sight at play days and shows but I haven't seen one for ages now :(

Mo

I agree with Mo. I just can't see the neighbours liking me if I ever managed to get one.

I would also quite like a go in one of the really quick Dakar support lorries as they look like fun.

Pete.

I was standing beside a full size, working Scammell Explorer two weeks ago B) although it was covered by a tarp....

Been my dream to have a run in one for years since Natts was quite common in the mags. I'm now going to stalk the owner until I see it running :D

Our local roads dept used to have an ancient 6x6 Mack Recovery Snow Plough that got wheeled out in really bad weather... I had a week working in that thing and it was a real head turner I can tell you !

I've never been really bothered about fast cars, but after seeing videos of various Tomcats, Bowlers, and other Dakar-esque vehicles going at full chat across the landscape, I wouldn't mind having a go (as just a passenger would do :)).

Something I've always wanted to do is to learn to drive HGVs - not that I would want to work with them, but it's just one thing I've wanted to try. Coupled to that would be driving one of the mahoosive earth movers used in mines and quarries.

I've always wanted to own a silly 109 :D

Currently have a hankering for a matt black Volvo estate with a big engine, stripped interior and a roll cage just to go everywhere sideways :lol: either a stock big six or in an ideal world an LS1. Also quite fancied a white 406 with a tweaked Mi16 under the bonnet and a Marseilles taxi sign on the roof :rolleyes:

Back to off-road hardware, a TATRA 8x8 kitted for expedition / service barge would be groovy but I'd have to demolish my house to create a parking space big enough :( a Hagglunds BV206 could be fun, although I suspect it's probably less fun if you're in something that never gets stuck and can't sink.

i've always fancied a go in one of them russian 16 wheel Ural monsters they built for driving mobile ICBMs around.

i saw a video of one doing a european truck trial - all stripped out and caged up and chucking out HUGE plumes of smoke from being massively overfueled.

FANTASTIC!!!

I'd quite like to drive a tank or similar monster. I don't particularly like sports cars/staus symbol vehicles.

I drove a fully stripped 1951 ex-war dept 80-inch S1 on the L2B once. The weather was perfect and the whole experience was excellent. I get to drive a lot of different vehicles, and they are pretty-much all an engine in a metal box as far as I'm concerned.

Les.

As much as I love Scammell Explorers I have yet to drive one so that would be top of the list. Chris Acock, who had/has Natts is a great chap, I am sure he would be happy to show off Natts to anyone interested.

I'd also like to drive a Scammell Contractor 240 ton with 1000 tons behind it just to know what it is like to move that much weight. I would also like to have a go in one of those artic steer, 6x6, dumper trucks that dominate small quarries, the ones that pivot behind the cab.

The one thing I would really like to have though, apart from an Explorer, is a Land Rover Centaur, the half track one. That has to be an amazing beast both on and off the road. Imagine trundling into Tesco's carpark with one of them. :D

As much as I love Scammell Explorers I have yet to drive one so that would be top of the list. Chris Acock, who had/has Natts is a great chap, I am sure he would be happy to show off Natts to anyone interested.

I'd also like to drive a Scammell Contractor 240 ton with 1000 tons behind it just to know what it is like to move that much weight. I would also like to have a go in one of those artic steer, 6x6, dumper trucks that dominate small quarries, the ones that pivot behind the cab.

The one thing I would really like to have though, apart from an Explorer, is a Land Rover Centaur, the half track one. That has to be an amazing beast both on and off the road. Imagine trundling into Tesco's carpark with one of them. :D

Wasn't the centaur based on the 110 front end and then a CVRT chassis behind it. Lovely veh. Designed to take a 1 ton payload IIRC

Wasn't the centaur based on the 110 front end and then a CVRT chassis behind it. Lovely veh. Designed to take a 1 ton payload IIRC

It was originally a 109 V8 front end and then the 110 but the back was the shortened track system from the scorpion light 'tank'. It has a habit of twisting prop shafts.

Centaur_P1.jpg

There is one for sale here if anyone has the money for it.