Have you ever been recovered by a horse!

Paul64

We were not sure whether to post this, but entertainment value took over. So fill your boots and take the pi*s!!!!! Went for a jaunt with Marcus and his girlfriend on my patch in Transylvania. Marcus was throwing his LR all over the place, all day off road and then got stuck in the village! We took a very narrow lane that is apparently totally impassible at this time of the year as it meets a stream further up which fills the lower part of the lane making a complete swamp of mud like glue. After making several attempts to escape and with only one LR and no winch the straps and Hi-lift were brought out. By this time half the village was watching and having a really good laugh. You could see the frustration when they saw it inch painfully forward at snails pace. One of the old boys whispered to me, "shall I get the tractor or the horse." I whispered back, "better make it the horse." I nearly wet myself when I saw Marcus' face!

Take a look at the video!

DSC05490600x450.jpg

DSC05492600x450.jpg

DSC05493600x450.jpg

DSC05497600x450.jpg

DSC05500600x450.jpg

DSC05506600x450.jpg

DSC05507600x450.jpg

I was nearly our of that hole.. Another 20 mins and I would have been free, But SOMEONE insisted that we accept the help from the villagers <_< But after what I think was about 2 hours of struggling I am considering maybe I will go for the girly option and get a gay winch. Would have been out in 2 mins with one.

I've seen a similar thing before, where a tractor failed to pull a 4x4 from the mud and a horse saved the day (pulling the tractor out also).

Looking at the pics I see everyone was wearing rubber boots except Scotian. Before buying a winch get a pair, Marcus, and through them in the back of the truck :D

Paul, this means you came to Romania? Or just a short visit?

Welcome!

I've seen a similar thing before, where a tractor failed to pull a 4x4 from the mud and a horse saved the day (pulling the tractor out also).

Looking at the pics I see everyone was wearing rubber boots except Scotian. Before buying a winch get a pair, Marcus, and through them in the back of the truck :D

Paul, this means you came to Romania? Or just a short visit?

Welcome!

Thanks. These photos were taken yesterday. I flew back to Germany today and have 3 more weeks here, then return to Transylvania in April for good! Moved all my stuff over last week.

Guest diesel_jim

Still, staring at the back end of a horse whilst being recovered has surely got to be kinder on the eyes than staring at the arses of some of the co-drivers out there!! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Guest WALFY

Jamie. On the odd occasion that I get recovered the last thing I look at is the arse of the co-driver. Unless of course you get Kylie in her hotpants to tug you out

... I am considering maybe I will go for the girly option and get a gay winch. Would have been out in 2 mins with one.

Yeah but you would have had to use the horse as an anchor anyway :lol:

EDIT: Walfy - I like the way you think, Kylie.... hotpants... tugging