Any one got snow?

northernchris

From a UK perspective, we have a smattering around these parts (Co. Durham), which means that tommorow there will be:

people driving at 4mph on the motorways

using foglights

braking hard when they see foglights

setting off to work 8 hrs early 'cos its snowing

filling up with fuel incase of shortage

having to leave work early 'cos its snowing

and then, blaming everyone else for driving like idiots in the 'ever so slightly damp' weather.....

Of course, myself excluded! :D

From a UK perspective, we have a smattering around these parts (Co. Durham), which means that tommorow there will be:

people driving at 4mph on the motorways

using foglights

braking hard when they see foglights

setting off to work 8 hrs early 'cos its snowing

filling up with fuel incase of shortage

having to leave work early 'cos its snowing

and then, blaming everyone else for driving like idiots in the 'ever so slightly damp' weather.....

Of course, myself excluded! :D

God so true,i lived in Dalwhinnie in the highlands of scotland and we used to just get on with it,many a time i was out on the A9 when it was blocked with snow playing in one of our agrocats good fun,it was part of life living in a remote area like that.I live in northants now and christ 1" of snow and there is weather warnings!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Went to vist me sister today.

(Orpington)

mother was worried cause the telly said Kent was almost snowed in and demanded we set off for home before it got dark and started panicing when we got stuck behind a gritter lorry and kept telling Stringer to slow down "cause if the lorries are out there must be black ice"(you know how mothers are) but a blind man would have been grateful to have seen any snow there!! we all had great fun winding Grandma up about not having any food /torches/ blankets/ etc all along the M25 and back!! :lol::lol::lol:

We have had a bit of snow today about a inch thats`all,i still had to go for a play!!! So who else has got snow today???

We hadn't but we have about 1cm now, enough to bring me to a halt in my FWD hatchback tonight, and I want to know if the smart arse who cruised past me on the road to Brotton at about 6.30pm in a RR classic was any body on this forum coz' if it was I'd just like to say 'thanks for the tug...... :angry: ' NOT......

Snow? No chance :)

BBQ weather... this is what I was doing today...

mtcaroline.jpg

Gotta go and dig out some "after sun" as the hole in the ozone layer made itself felt!

If you need a tow Martin give me a shout, I should be there by about half past October :P

Went to vist me sister today........

when we got stuck behind a gritter lorry :lol::lol::lol:

Oh you mean a "salt shaker" :)

We had 6 to 8" of the white stuff here overnight...(not unusual) they had 12 to 18" + to the east of me, disrupted many airline flights and road travel plans..............

Nothing to write home about here... :(

But the weather forecasts are talking about heavy snowfall accompanied with traffic problems and eventual power shortages on Thursday. ;) B) :)

Looking forward to that - we have planned a get-together with some guys from Norway driving on uncleared forest roads on Friday. :)

Edited by Lars L

Snow? No chance :)

BBQ weather... this is what I was doing today...

Stephen as we had our shortest day on Dec 21 i'm presuming you have had your longest and are well at the beginning of summer

Lucky bugger :)

Edited by landi41

Correct Dave :)

Summer hasn't been much so far but the last few days have been OK:

Xmas day: Barbecue / beer / sunburnt

Boxing day: Barbecue / beer / applied sun cream / still got sunburnt

27th: Day up exploring the hills with some others / managed to include a barbecue on top of a mountain (not far from where the photo was taken), and my right arm is now getting quite brown where it was hanging out the window :D

Today: local sheep show / also managed to include a huge barbecue (for about 100 people), quite a lot of beer, and a bit more sunburn so now my nose and ears are peeling :unsure:

Godforsaken frozen rock this is, don't know why I stay here really :lol:

Here in the south of Sweden,

we've gotten over 50 cm of the white stuff and it's still coming. :P

Been out with the snow blower 4 times in the past 2 days and I'll be going at it soon. Hmmm...just thinking, maybe I'll take the landy out instead :D

Todd.

Been out with the snow blower 4 times in the past 2 days and I'll be going at it soon. Hmmm...just t hinking, maybe I'll take the landy out instead :D

Todd.

What did the one snowman say to the other?......... Look out here comes that "snowblower" again :lol::lol:

Godforsaken frozen rock this is, don't know why I stay here really :lol:

I'll bet it is a toss up between the sheep and the new Defenders you chaps can import :)

The sudsey BBQ's sound good to!!

Have a Happy New Year Stephen......... from the Canadians :)