Forum expedition

GBMUD

Chris, whereabouts in the Peaks are we thinking? I can find the closest PI to where we will be on that weekend but arrange the deal through someone in Head Office, who will have more authority than the site GM.

As I am just down the road from HO, I know people that can apply pressure in the right places.

I dont know how block bookings work for PI, but I dont want to be lumbered with any liability whatsoever due to people not turning up etc.

I will block a certain number of rooms & supply names of occupants to the site directly, but each person would be liable for their own bill, at the discounted rate I get.

If there is a no-show, I expect that individuals will be charged regardless.

Martin

Chris, whereabouts in the Peaks are we thinking? I can find the closest PI to where we will be on that weekend

I will get my maps out tomorrow and see where makes most sense - needless to say, there are no PIs close to the centre or in Matlock or Buxton... Macclesfield, Chesterfield or Sheffield perhaps?

Chris

There will be loads in Sheffield. I could also try & find any of our pubs/restaurants that have hotel rooms. We dont have that many in the estate, but there are some. They wont be PI's, but of the same quality, and my company privileges extend across all the brands, so I could get the same discount.

Probably wont be able to accomodate a load of us though, which is why PI is the best option, if nobody minds a trip into a city centre.

Sheffield is only 20 miles away from where I found that awesome track near Bakewell if that helps?

:rolleyes:

Martin

Martin put me down for a PI room please,

there is a few close together around sheffield for sure and rotherham as i have stayed there when working in that area,

not too sure if there will be any bits left on the cars providing they make it through the night thou :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to putting faces to names as well as trying a few different lanes followed by a bit of banter and general LR chit chat in the bar afterwards whilst sampling a few scoops!

13_4_91.gif

Dougie.

Ps if all/many are interested in the username sticker idea mentioned by 'letsgetdirty' i would be happy to organise these (maybe with LR4x4 / logo incorperated???) and bring them along with me,

as i know a man that can ;)

I'm looking forward to putting faces to names as well as trying a few different lanes followed by a bit of banter and general LR chit chat in the bar afterwards whilst sampling a few scoops!

That is the best thing about these trips. :)

Chris

Ps if all/many are interested in the username sticker idea mentioned by 'letsgetdirty' i would be happy to organise these (maybe with LR4x4 / logo incorperated???) and bring them along with me,

as i know a man that can ;) [/font]

:i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy: C'mon people that will be a good idea!! Dougie I think you should just get a poll of those people who would like that and then give us the bill and we can either give it to you then or post it??

I might get a large one for my front window :D:D Mind you people will know mine from the vibrations coming from my prop lol

Tris

ps: Im camping on a lovely site with showers etc right in Edale, Ive got a 7ft high tent with heater which sleeps 6 or 7 people so as I said before if anyone wants to crash there thats okay as im on my own, Its a 2 minute walk from 2 pubs.

Tris,

If a few more show any interest ?????? i will gladly set a poll up and go across the forum if thats what people want???

I know alot of people have LR4x4.com stickers already, i dont want to step on toes (i'll break them :P ) but not everyone may want there usernames on there cars either, but all large/small/fat/thin/colours can be catered for.

'SPOTTED' sub-catogary, where you can post about spotting people 'out and about' ?

Loads of options, But if its what the people want then speak up or forever hold there piece :o

Dougie

Tris,

If a few more show any interest ?????? i will gladly set a poll up and go across the forum if thats what people want???

I know alot of people have LR4x4.com stickers already, i dont want to step on toes (i'll break them :P ) but not everyone may want there usernames on there cars either, but all large/small/fat/thin/colours can be catered for.

Dougie

I would probably get a large sticker made up near me that goes on my window or somewhere near, But the Lr4x4 ones are a good size to go by, About 8inches long or so. We would probably take them off after so it wouldnt be stepping on the toes of the forum, I have 4 large forum stickers on mine :i-m_so_happy: But theres still room for more!!

Anyway Nice one dougie, We will just have to wait and see how the rest of the members feel.

Going bed now zzzzzzzzzz

Gnite tris

ps: Im camping on a lovely site with showers etc right in Edale, Ive got a 7ft high tent with heater which sleeps 6 or 7 people so as I said before if anyone wants to crash there thats okay as im on my own, Its a 2 minute walk from 2 pubs.

Me and SWMBO will also be camping. It would appear to be in Edale :P , as we are taking a couple of the spaces in Tris's tent. At least i think we are. ;)

... We would probably take them off after ...

So why not use a piece of paper, a permanent marker and some sticky tape and save the effort and expense of getting stickers made up? In a world of ever-sprialling costs, I'm all up for a bit of recycling and improvisation!!

Sticky tape and marker sounds ok! So long as we know who we all are :D Pete aka raceface your in the tent no bother, So long as there no farting and if mrs raceface comes there is no jiggy jiggy :lol: I will take the stoves and heaters etc should we need it and a tv if there is electric hook up. You can also bring the dogs as there welcome in the tent to. On another note I hope no one takes my user name the wrong way outside tesco :lol:

Tris

Ps: pete I posted the queens loo roll for you today ;)

Guest noggy

guys, theres a PI in chesterfield

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInforma...;CMP=KNC-Google

VERY close to some great pubs

big secure carpark, and the bouncers/security shouldnt let them go, my mates dad is the boss of the security company.

there is a straight road to foxhouse to do that green lane.

its also about 5 miles from my farm, so if any repairs are needed tools are easy to get at.

It seems that lots of us would like to go on a forum trip away but lack the freedom/funds to go away 1000s of miles for weeks at a time. With this in mind, would anyone fancy something closer to home - in the UK; Wales, Yorkshire or the Peak district for example - for a weekend? There have been a few trips in the past, Lake District being the most recent and a few trips to Wales before that - try a 'Getting out and about' forum search for details of what has happened in the past.

If enough people want to go I will get something sorted for some time late Autumn perhaps.

Chris