Station Wagon or CSW Who has which??

mmgemini

Mine's an Australian spec 200tdi, so I guess it's somewhere in between station wagon and csw.

What exactly is the difference?

a County has cloth seat facings, full carpets [not rubber covering] tinted windows, maybe a glass sunroof [option] Self levelling rear supension [boge hydromat strut] halogen headlights & few other bits :D

a County has cloth seat facings, full carpets [not rubber covering] tinted windows, maybe a glass sunroof [option] Self levelling rear supension [boge hydromat strut] halogen headlights & few other bits :D

Thanks Ralph. Seems my impression is about right then for the Aus spec being somewhere in between.

Mine has cloth seats, full roof lining, tinted windows, halogen headlights and air con, but no sun roof, self leveller or carpets.

I see that by the number of posts on here about CSW Defenders I appear to be the only owner of a Station Wagon.

Is that so ???

I eat rat poison.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !

Mine is a 1985 County Station Wagon - cloth seats, tinted windows, carpets, body coloured grill, headlight surrounds and wheelarch spats are the obvious differences between Station wagon and County Station wagon for this age of vehicle.

Guest diesel_jim

My current Td5 is a 110 CSW. metallic green with colour matched roof and eyebrows (the 110's.. not mine! :rolleyes: ) with carpet,tinted windows,furry dice etc.

my old 300tdi 110 was just a commercial station wagon. rubber mats, plain windows, white roof and black eyebrows (although i dinged the roof on a height barrier once so the councils insurance paid for a respray, so i got it done in red to match the rest!

the CSW is comfy, a little quieter due to the carpet (but i;m comparing Td5 vs. Tdi), but i find that the commercial is far more handy for just "chucking" stuff in without worrying.

Thanks Ralph. Seems my impression is about right then for the Aus spec being somewhere in between.

Mine has cloth seats, full roof lining, tinted windows, halogen headlights and air con, but no sun roof, self leveller or carpets.

AFAIK in Australia ONLY the county was available between 1983 and 1989 (pre defender) - i.e. you couldn't buy a base model wagon. All defenders (sold from 1992 on) were not Countys - none had the self-leveller or carpets, but all had a full length roof lining. Most had vinyl seats - it is strange that yours have cloth - possibly retrofitted by a P.O.? - but I haven't seen too many 200TDi's.

Mine's a soopa-doopa CSW with NON-colour coded spats and grille (no bling please), real carpet (no paint visible on floor, carpet under seats etc, Standard sound and heat-proofing with that foam/aluminium stuff (so no hot feet and you can hear the stereo), rev-counter (waste of time), body colour roof, rear seat you can sit on, and galvanized chassis.

I see that by the number of posts on here about CSW Defenders I appear to be the only owner of a Station Wagon.

Is that so ???

I eat rat poison.

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !

Mike

Mine was a 110 hardtop now converted using a CSW rear end.

However I have removed all the carpets to avoid dampness, replacing them with offcuts of insulation from NOISEKILLER, finished with a black chequer plate pattern rubber type mat sold in 8'x4' 6mm sheets by Drew Wright of Wright Off Road who sell the moulded front insulation sets which I also have fitted.

I have not replaced the side decals as I think they look naff.

So I refer to mine as a CSW simply to make it easier to imagine what it looks like rather than being precice.

There is a photo of mine on the forum here of owner's vehicles.

John

well mine is a county station wagon 110.

but it does not meet any of the above rules.

It is a 98 build and left the factory as follows

only 5 seats

5 doors

plastic seats

and is taxed as a commercial

oh and it is a genuine camel

which i guess makes it a Camel Station Wagon :)

MMMmmm

Well mine has tinted windows.Carpets fitted.It had plastic seats.

It's not a County.

I know when I went to buy mine there wasn't any County's for sale there.I had six station wagons to choose from.

It's a Special Vehicles job.

I still think a lot of people are calling a normal station wagon a County..

Anybody know why there was more County's made than station wagons????

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house.

AFAIK in Australia ONLY the county was available between 1983 and 1989 (pre defender) - i.e. you couldn't buy a base model wagon. All defenders (sold from 1992 on) were not Countys - none had the self-leveller or carpets, but all had a full length roof lining. Most had vinyl seats - it is strange that yours have cloth - possibly retrofitted by a P.O.? - but I haven't seen too many 200TDi's.

AFAIK all 200tdi & 300tdi station wagons had cloth seats in Australia. It was only the utes & cab chassis' that had the vinyl seats.

I haven't seen too many 200tdi Defenders either, they're extremely rare here, I only know of 3 others. The 2 SW I know of have cloth seats like mine and the ute has vinyl.

AFAIK all 200tdi & 300tdi station wagons had cloth seats in Australia. It was only the utes & cab chassis' that had the vinyl seats.

I haven't seen too many 200tdi Defenders either, they're extremely rare here, I only know of 3 others. The 2 SW I know of have cloth seats like mine and the ute has vinyl.

Ah, that explains it then. All the utes and 130 dual cabs in the Brisbane club have vinyl seats...

What I do know is that all the pre defender 110s had the full county spec. Sounds like you may be right, that the OZ wagons had the cloth seats from the county spec, but the rest of the vehicle was base-spec.