Wats yours! boy or girl!

Yostumpy

I''ve read in many threads on many forums people referring to their trucks as SHE or HER. HOW can you call a landrover a female of the species? Purple Suzuki Vitara with a white roof maybe, but a Defender NOOOOOOOO!

Mines called WALLACE (+gromit) and hes defo got nuts. :lol:

Thanks to V8Bertha and Jen, mine was christened "Gary" - though you will never hear me call it that. They said my Defender was too "butch" to be a girl - chequer plate, full length roof rack, F great big ARB bumper with BIG spots, and military-esque Union Flag stickers on the bonnet and rear windows (well it did come from Pux).

mine is reffered to as b****h, so i guess that makes it female !

My project Landy fights me every step of the way - it hurts me (via smashed knuckles, etc.), costs me huge amounts of time/money and does its best to wind me up at every opportunity, so it has to be female...

Oooh, no I dont agree with this "stopped naming my cars at 6" malarky!

When I first got my Defender, I had this overwhelming sense that it was not happy on tarmac, but when I first started going off-road, I also had this overwhelming sense that he was going "dont worry, me old son, i'll look after things for you now," like he was making it easy for me, and he felt happier.

So, to this day, I believe my LR has an extraordinary amount of vehicular personality! I christened him Larry.

I may be susceptible to a bit of urinary extraction now, but I even talk to Larry! SWMBO caught me patting the steering wheel and saying "well done old boy!"

Sad git. :blush:

Which means your vapour goes into a blow-up girlfriend?

:hysterical:

FWIW the 109 is Eddie (after Aid Edmundon's character from Bottom since it's about as subtle :lol: ) and the Freebie is Gir, which I suppose is asexual (and I don't think anyone's got the reference yet either).

Let me see, I have had

Carrie the Calibra

Emma the M3 (e36)

Pheobe the Phonix Gold M3 (e46)

Daisy the disco

Cheryl the Chevy c10 pick up

I forget what the Range Rover was called

I suck at naming cars

Oh and Lucy for the 90 (it was Leaning Lucy due to the silly uneven springs Land Rover used to use, technically she should be Level Lucy now ;))

Cars have to be female as driving a car is much like making love to a beautiful woman <insert lots of climing inside her, turning her on etc etc>

George. He's a boy. Annoying, expensive and very stubbon. :angry: But strangely attractive :huh::lol:

Mini's called Fred, because...er... he looked like a Fred :rolleyes:

Charlie is a boy too - there's no way on earth a Camel Defender could be anything other than a man, he's just too unreliable * ;):ph34r:

...this is a bit of a lie, he does have a habit of breaking down, but only when you're within 5 miles of home, which is good considering he was in the artic circle in Alaska this time last year :lol:

Mine was christened "Camilla" by the group I go camping & 4x4ing with.

We have a Defender in the group called "Diana" and are waiting for Prince Willy to get his act together so we can name a TD5 after his bit of skirt.

Hmm! longer thread than I thought it would be. My first true love! was called Wallace, 110 trophy lookalike, but he was borrowed by the local caravan dwellers, Then I bought this, and couldn't think of another name . So we ( the family) called it white wallace, after about a week we all thought this sucks, so it was back to good ol' wallace! When it's beeing amazing I say GOOD OL' WAL when it's not I say EWE BAST+*D. I just couldn't say U COW!!, Swambo would glare at me.