Er...I know what I want and what it is... BUT

Hybrid_From_Hell

:lol:

Its like a 40 Gallon Oil Drum, but in plastic with a lid.

The ones I have in my mind I think were Blue,

but can't remember the Place or what they had in them :lol:

Its for a new project (write up will ensue) but

What are they called / Where can I get one Surrey / Sussex / Hampshire maybe even better if Cheap or even FOC ?

HELP

Nige

:lol:

Its like a 40 Gallon Oil Drum, but in plastic with a lid.

The ones I have in my mind I think were Blue,

but can't remember the Place or what they had in them :lol:

Its for a new project (write up will ensue) but

What are they called / Where can I get one Surrey / Sussex / Hampshire maybe even better if Cheap or even FOC ?

HELP

Nige

They are used for storing feed in agricultural uses.

Usually very cheap at agricultural stores.

The lid seals airtight, so they are also used as luggage containers for white water rafting and such.

Nige

I went looking a few years back...used in raft and team building exercises (cant use steel cos of rough bits). Talk to local scout troops, watersports centres/ team building companies as lots of them will have contacts.

I eventually found some.......apparently it's what perfume (!) and other 'essential body oils' :ph34r: come in - primrose oil in particular. (the ones I got smelt lovely!) Approx £10 each in 2006.

I looked at loads of shops etc but none were ever big enough. Found a place in Hedge end, Southampton that had hundreds of the things...will try and find a number for you.

James

Nige

They are 205l PET drums. Anyone who uses chemicals will have them, they are often sold as water butts.

Chris

try www.smithsofthedean.co.uk thay deal in all sorts of barrels tanks at least you can get the name of what you want chris

Nige is gonna use one as a template to make some from 8mm rolled plate, that way he might be able to leave home forgetting his wallet and still be able to drive home from his good friend essobp Mcshell's house to retreive it without running out of fuel. :ph34r:

I can ask my landlord/farmer. I know he has these. Not sure what was in them but there are a few empties.

It's usually pretty horrific burn your skin and make you sterile type chemicals they use on the farm.

I just rinse them out in the local river.

kidding!

Last time the farm had a shed load of these needing disposal and the keeper took most of them. We use them for water butts, growing potatoes and storing stuff.

Can't work out why we have all grown extra limbs and have persistant coughs.