Paddocks - good service :)

ThreeSheds

Just thought I give some positive feedback about Paddocks - I phoned and got good advice as to what suited my needs (the cheapest as it happens), I ordered the stuff at about 11am on Monday and it was here on Tuesday.

Excellent service.

Roger

(no connection to Paddocks)

A lot of people seem to slate Paddocks but personally when I havce bought from them I have had no problems at all.

If you buy through the web site and select the parts yourself things seem to be OK. When I have had to speak to sales on the phone this seems to be where the problems happen.

I think as with a lot of things the poeple on the phones just read the web sites as you order and to be honest some really don`t know what they are talking about!!

On the whole,ive had good service from them but the last two orders they didnt have the stuff in stock but left it a week to tell me,i then waited 3weeks for said orders to come into stock only to be told that no order had been placed!?!?! Has slightly put me off paddocks,but will prob still buy from them!

Had good service from them to Ireland. Rang me to query what in normal eyes was an illogical order before sending as I wasn't a dealer. Very quick delivery by courier at good rates as well as following my instructions as I'm hard to find.

Possibly giving them an order for tyres and other stuff next week amounting to a decent sum.

I can't knock them either, only had minor problems but always sorted fast, once they phoned me up as they were worried the side repeaters were not correct on my 2A as they weren't fitted as standard, that's pretty good service and balances out any hiccups.

It can be good to phone on some items to check manufacturer, especially bit's like wheel cylinders, had some low quality ones that lasted no time, silly when the genuine part was only a few pounds more. Also worth knowing, if you can't find the part on the website, pop a description in the notes field when you do an order, they usually know what you want or call if they don't, plus you get the free shipping :)

On a side note, just got my sisters SJ410 on the road, cannot believe jap prices, 70quid for a brake drum! 25quid for a cylinder!

:lol: They get the thumbs up from me . They manage to get it right even when it could be a one or other situation such as the Def. clutch slave and if they dont get it right you get the other return of post . Cant say fairer than that .

A couple of years ago,

on a monday I ordered a series rear crank oilseal,

on mon aft they rang back asking was it 3 or 5 bearing.

tues morning I rang to let hem have an engine number,

weds they rang to ask was it a front or rear, by this time I asked would the part be here in time for a workshop slot I had booked, (use of engine hoist and lift) no problem said they,

friday I rang to ask where the part was supposedly posted first class on weds morning.

ONLY TO BE TOLD THEY DIDNT HAVE AN ORDER FROM ME!

this year they were doing a special on new swivel balls that were re drilled for castor correction, I ordered thinking they must have improved from the other year.

a few days later nothing had arrived, I rang to be told oh no we dont have any in stock.

I wouldnt give Paddocks the steam off my............

Just thought I give some positive feedback about Paddocks - I phoned and got good advice as to what suited my needs (the cheapest as it happens), I ordered the stuff at about 11am on Monday and it was here on Tuesday.

Excellent service.

Roger

(no connection to Paddocks)

I'm in the US and ordered a starter for my 200tdi on Tuesday and had it Thursday by 1pm.

ive never had any problems with padocks, fast deliver at good prices.

my only gripe is they sell alot of brit part stuff and automatically assume you want it, imo for some stuff britpart is not the best, but they also seem happy to supply non britpart stuff if asked for.

I've used Paddocks for years and never had a problem, as such...............

The problem is the location. Wife get's one hint that I need something and it's ok. to collect, "let's go now!". Via Crompton (shops), Matlock (shops), Denby Dale (knitting shop, normally bored silly at this stage), Peak Village (shops), Chatsworth (House, garden centre, farm shop. I hate bl**dy garden centres).

Net result. For every £1 I spend she spends £4. Then says that "It was your day, we went for your Land Rover. So you can take me out tomorrow somewhere I want to go".

Also. The lock on the toilet at the back of the store is a bit tricky (you drink a lot of tea waiting for shopping to finish)........................