MWMC Pics

LR90

Fantastic Trevor!

Your 3rd piccie there, captioned ???, looks like Graham Antill getting the 'impossible' punch number 77! When I heard that he'd actually winched the entire car vertically off the ground, I strugglled to picture it.

You pictured it just fine!

And well done Graham, for getting a punch in a fashion apparently never dreamed of by Nigel!

med_gallery_9_58_463425.jpg

Do we know who this is? Even by the impressive standards set by others from the forum, that looks like quite a rig.

There are a number of tasty trucks in there. I still like Tony's stealth rig though. At least in photos in normal conditions, it appears reasonably standard - albeit on somewhat larger tyres than your average 90 - and it's not until you see it in action that you realize that it stands toe to toe with the more obvious challenge vehicles.

Hope everyone had a good day out. Looks like it was fun. :D

Ah yes!

I remember punch 77 :lol: we just drove up the left hand bank, to the punch slid the winch rope around the role cage and lifted the motor up! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The best one for me is :) seeing everbody aka Graham Antil, plus others in the deep water gully :lol::lol:

should have just drove round the other side :lol::lol: we did and stayed dry! :lol::lol:

Had a damm good day even managed to finish second :o now that was a surprise!

Thanks to all for a great day. :)

Ah yes!

I remember punch 77 :lol: we just drove up the left hand bank, to the punch slid the winch rope around the role cage and lifted the motor up! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The best one for me is :) seeing everbody aka Graham Antil, plus others in the deep water gully :lol::lol:

should have just drove round the other side :lol::lol: we did and stayed dry! :lol::lol:

Had a damm good day even managed to finish second :o now that was a surprise!

Thanks to all for a great day. :)

you only finished second because you had a bloody good winch bitch... :P (oh was that me - who would of thought.. plus we had Rich on our side.. :D Punch 77 - our team mate just drove up to.. no winch required.. doesn't it make you sick..

you only finished second because you had a bloody good winch bitch... :P (oh was that me - who would of thought.. plus we had Rich on our side.. :D Punch 77 - our team mate just drove up to.. no winch required.. doesn't it make you sick..

we where apparently the first to do punch 77, when the string was only short, but by the afternoon you could just drive up & punch it, wish id waited :rolleyes:

many thanks to nige & hbro crew, for an excellent day

In reverse cronological order:

HBRO1.jpg

HBRO2.jpg

HBRO3.jpg

"Big Monkey" Jim

HBRO4.jpg

HBRO5.jpg

HBRO6.jpg

Well, they had to break something! - It's tradition!

HBRO7.jpg

HBRO8.jpg

It's a V8 Thing!

HBRO9.jpg

Jay - Tied up

HBRO10.jpg

HBRO11.jpg

I think Tony was just showing off here - why take the easy option when

you can have a near death experience!

HBRO12.jpg

HBRO13.jpg

HBRO14.jpg

HBRO15.jpg

HBRO16.jpg

Is that Jesus in an HV Jacket? (no riots or burning Embasies please)

HBRO17.jpg

HBRO18.jpg

HBRO19.jpg

HBRO20.jpg

HBRO21.jpg

HBRO22.jpg

HBRO23.jpg

HBRO24.jpg

HBRO25.jpg

HBRO26.jpg

HBRO27.jpg

HBRO28.jpg

HBRO29.jpg

Limp wrist?

HBRO30.jpg

HBRO31.jpg

Nick "death wish" watts - doing his thing.

HBRO32.jpg

HBRO33.jpg

One of the best bits of lateral (or vertical) thinking I saw all day!

HBRO34.jpg

HBRO35.jpg

HBRO36.jpg

I thought it was a bloody well organised and well marshalled event. I had a good time (much less stress than usual - and I didn't come last!). Nice to see everyone.

Si

we where apparently the first to do punch 77, when the string was only short, but by the afternoon you could just drive up & punch it, wish id waited :rolleyes:

many thanks to nige & hbro crew, for an excellent day

That would've been interesting! It was the last punch I did with about 15 minutes to spare (Si was out by that point and I was on the hunt for more points). I drove up and then used the rear winch to pull the back end up the slope before driving forward again to get the punch. I was on a bit of an angle by the end of it, though....

The other one I liked was the one where you had to get out of the ruts and stradle them to get to the punch. Can't remeber the number, though. No winching needed but it was a nice bit of technical driving.

Thanks again to Nigel and all the mashals, a great, fun, event.

A marshal told me that at the begining of the day they actuall looped the cord round the tree a few more times just to make to look short.. when it was actually about 3 foot long.. if not longer.. - luckily by the time we got there it was at full length, I think it was 10mins and both vehicles in my group had the punch.

good event and much fun had - however I don't like having to get out of bed a 6am on a sunday morning just to get to slindon in time after a lovely cooked breaky.. but thats just me being lazy and only having 5 hours kip because of the night before.. :rolleyes:

I don't think I have mentioned it before - but we came second. . YAY.... :ph34r:

Had a great weekend big thank you to everybody concerned and to Tony, jay and lesmond for a fantastic day pics look good and some great sections.First drive out with the TDI under the bonnet and in the words of Homer Simpson WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who needs a V8

Had a great weekend big thank you to everybody concerned and to Tony, jay and lesmond for a fantastic day pics look good and some great sections.First drive out with the TDI under the bonnet and in the words of Homer Simpson WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who needs a V8

Well quite clearly we needed V8's ;):P

Thanks to Nigel from Hell and all the other people who made it possible, a good day with no breakages, must be good.

By the way Nigel, we must have left our trophies behind, they weren't in the box with the prizes, perhaps you could drop them round next time your passing. :ph34r:

A marshal told me that at the begining of the day they actuall looped the cord round the tree a few more times just to make to look short.. when it was actually about 3 foot long.. if not longer.. - luckily by the time we got there it was at full length, I think it was 10mins and both vehicles in my group had the punch.

It was tied in a knot at the begining of the day not just wound round the tree. Ask NIge he set it up. :D

I believe the deep water gully was taped off in the morning to stop you doing doing excactly that. Could be wrong but we looked at the entrance and exits for other routes to the punch before commiting our souls to the deep :D

Thanks to all the organisers and helpers, marshalls and of ccourse Nige for a great day.

Thank also to Tony (white90) for bring down the waffles we left at his birthday bash. We promptly lost them after a bit of excitment when Mark was felled by a tree falling on him. Unfortunatly i knocked the tree down he was hiding behind with 2 ton of land rover and a great deal of momentum

Dave

Fantastic day and well worth the early start.

Nige - superb organisation and exactly what is needed with a large group of people who want to do their own thing! i even passed scrutineering!

Some excellent punches laid out and something for everyone. Thoroughly enjoyable day an donly one broken indicator lens! (i obviosuly wan't trying hard enough!)

Ditto Daves comment - where are the results?

Nige - thank you for all your hard work.

Many thanks to everybody at HBRO, a cracking event at a level comparable with many of the ‘top national competitions’.

Initially Jim (D90SV) and I were teamed up for this event but we thought it a bit unfair to enter a ‘club’ event so we split and Jim entered with Lee (black bob RR) and I teamed up with Nick (Rouge Vogue) to even things up.

Didn’t quite work! Nick was phenomenal! For a hacked up Range Rover with no lockers and a driver with little competition experience he was driving stuff I had to use lockers or winch to achieve. He needed no support so we were both free to get punches individually.

We were both surprised to come first but looking back both our co-drivers were on the ball and we didn’t spend ages flailing around on any of the punches.

I particularly enjoyed the ones on the slopes below the entrance track, bit of winching, technical driving (avoiding the stumps) and no mud!

Punch 77 was 18 inches long when we looked at it in the morning, we declined it.

My only gripe was waiting over 15 mins for a burger at lunch time!

Nige, every time I saw you during the day I called you a “ba$tard”, although you parentage may be intact you have an evil mind when it comes to setting out punches!

Si, I loved your ‘Jesus’ photo! I’ll have that limp wrist looked at!

Top event, when’s the next one?

Some images from where I was marshalling-

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

This punch seemed to cause a lot of problems if you tried it the "easy" way, none of the trees were strong enough for winching, but people tried anyway, even after being told! Easy way was to use the second vehicle as the ground anchor and winch over the mound, one team apparently managed it in just 5 minutes.

Also were we nearly had a serious incident - a wire winch line broke and the tree it was using came out of the ground at the same time. I think we have some footage of that.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Sadly, looks like someone cheated to get punch 15, cut the tape and sawed a branch off... Disappointing

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Glad you had a good time, some excellent driving, good spirits and finally impressive bodge repair work. 10 minutes before end team tried punch 15, as they entered his wheel came off, massive credit, they managed to get a couple of wheel nuts back on and get back to parking area, I think they got 2nd or 3rd.

Some more piccies. Mainly of Paul & Nick's Teams..

mw1.jpg

..and they're off..!

mw2.jpg

Graham Antill making little headway.

mw3.jpg

Mr Wightman.

mw4.jpg

Team work..

mw5.jpg

Way Hey and up she rises!

mw6.jpg

Yep - It's not going anywhere..

mw7.jpg

Paul cresting the rise.

mw8.jpg

Jim's ever present smile!

mw9.jpg

V8s in water? No worries. Bloody muddy though with no windows!

mw10.jpg

Who didn't get this punch??

mw11.jpg

Anything you can do...

mw12.jpg

I can do too!

mw13.jpg

Ooops!!

mw14.jpg

"Pull it Daniel! You don't expect me to drive this??"

mw15.jpg

My fav piccie of the day!

mw16.jpg

And your winners are: Nick & Guy (Rogue Vogue) Dan & Paul (Black Pig)