Wings side vents

I am now thinking of refitting a pair of these (Left and right hand pair) to the "Challenge wings

as they made a big difference in getting the heat out when I had them fitted before

I think they are 200 TDi ? :

post-22-1237742317_thumb.jpg

Anyway, what are they off, and then what do other 90s / Defenders have ie TD5 300s etc etc

are there any variants having the same sort of thingys but any even bigger than the pic above ?

Nige

the TD/200Tdi plastic vents are difficult to find, took me ages to find a fully complete left hand vent for my vehicle, oftern the plastic pegs are broken off, but on yours screws or bolts could be used to secure them.

AH HA :rolleyes:

That now makes sense !

have asked Uncle Raplhy for the part numbers :)

So it them nothing or maybe 2x per side :ph34r:

Ta

Nige

left wing side panel air intake for TD & 200Tdi 90/110

200Tdiairintake.jpg

right wing side panel air intake 300Tdi & Td5

File0094.jpg

or you could use the slightly longer heater intake ducts from the wing tops. with the wider end facing down or rearwards

Item 15 in left & right hand drive forms.

post-20-1237748631_thumb.jpg

What about the vertical ones on the wings of a normal Range Rover... Maybe not quite in that style, but look for something similar. They look to have a much larger area than the standard 200/300TDi ones...

Short of that, Nige, you could always cut a hole and knock up your own vent out of 6mm - after all, it doesn't need to be structural!!! :lol::P

For slow work row of holes in the bonnet is a high pressure area and makes the air flow miss the engine and go straight through :(

Sides means air flow moves around / across engine esp when bottom exit is block off via mud ground etc

Tested with smoke bombs at willing off road site a long while back - Don't ask :rofl:

Nige

Mate gave me a template used for fitting these,

and I was thinking this time to drill and pop in some small rivnuts and then small

allen bolts / screws - should this way be a easy fit and removable / repalceable simply

And with 2x on each side BIG air exit for heat, thats when and if I can fix No 2 Kenlowe :(

£98 for a replacement motor the man at kenlowe said, ....AND he managed not to laugh down the phone

when he said it to me, .....unbelivable price for something that hasn't lastest at all long ...

Nige

Quite Simply 200 / 300s don't suffer from heat probs,

I know several people who have taken the engine fans off them and still they run fine :blink:

Heavily tuned V8 Rover lumps is another matter :lol:

Gettingcool air in and having cooling upgrades (ie 6 row big ccored rad, thermostat dropped

antifreeze at max to help, water wetter to further reduce block off everything possible so air has to

go through rad - and not bypass, fit 2x 13 inch electrics fans as well as viscous etc etc etc) helps

but then you have to equally as importantly get the hot air generated OUT, esp if underneath is

jammned with mud / ground etc

The air MUST react with the hot engine - bypassing it means it doesn't help cooling it down, wing back make

a vast difference, I did them pre challenge wings, and on the new challenge wings throught I'd see if I really need them - I was wrong

and yes I do, hence now with toying of 2x twice as much vent space each side :)

Nige :(

Quite Simply 200 / 300s don't suffer from heat probs,
Heavily tuned V8 Rover lumps is another matter

Havent you answered your own question?

You need to Burn not bang. :D

Theres plenty of TD5's with 200BHP apparently these days :D

Couldnt resist it......

Cheers

G :)