How Did You First Find The Forum?

BogMonster

111 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You First Find The Forum?

• I saw the address listed in the LRE magazine
    • I saw the address listed in another magazine
    • I followed a link from another Land Rover related forum
    • I followed a link from another non LR related forum
    • I followed a link from another website (not a forum)
    • I found it in a Google-type search for technical information
    • I found it in a Google-type search for forums
    • I found it in a Google-type search for something else (please post what)
    • Somebody sent me a link to it
    • Other

We need to promote this forum for new members so we would like to know how you first came across this forum, or if you were one of the many that migrated from LRE following its closure, what first led you to find the LRE forum? (if you came here from the LRE forum don't say "followed link from another forum" as this will distort the results, please vote for how you first found the LRE forum)

We will be able to use this info to decide how best to promote the forum for new members.

Could a mod make this sticky for a few days please as I don't think I can stickify things for the Intl forum

Sorry guys maybe I wasn't clear in the above post

What we need to know if you came here via the demise of LRE (which is most people at the moment I guess) is "how you first found LRE" i.e. through the pages of the mag, through another forum, through a website etc.

Thanks

oh well thats easy

Many moons ago (well say 4 years) a man came round and installeda telephone socket and modem, later a broadband connection, and plugged my computer into it.

there it sat for about 3.5 days due to work but then joy of joys I came home and switched on the computer connected to the internet. I sat there for a few minutes wondering what to do I thought what is my interests

I know I typed in lanr dovers into the address bar it came up with no matches but asked if I meant land rovers? I hit search and this web page popped up called the land rover enthusiast forum I tentively opened up the main page

suddenly the demons on the website sucked me into the screen and I've been here ever since trying to find my way out

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Me as Siggy.

Just got home and trying to keep myself updated...

;)

Cripes Stephen it was near 6 years ago, i can't even remember what i had for supper last night 

:lol:

In order to attract new members the forum needs to get its name "out there".

One of the things I think would be worthwhile is getting new forum stickers printed with the url clearly readable in order that people might take note. I base this on the number of local garages who fit a sticker to the cars they service and the number I read while in traffic.

I'm a bit late with the sticker/s,sorry.

:(

I feel like I'm late in everything recently...

:huh:

(ouff)

I agree about the address,do I have to wait before modifying the sticker?

Oh,also...a strong nice logo/header/banner misses here,methinks...

;)

I got here cos Les, the nice chap, sent me a PM in the "other place". ;)

Name/URL - there are addresses available for landrover-addict, landroveraddict, lraddict, lrforum etc etc

It doesn't cost much to register a URL for a couple of years, about £18 for a ".com" or £8.50 for a ".co.uk" and once you've got the name you can link it to this site. :D

:blink: Where are we again, always getting lost without the GPS :o

For me it was a combination of seeing the link while looking for something else and having it mentioned in conversation with friends, sorry other nutters like self :ph34r: