What's it worth.....

will_warne

Just wonder what people's opinion is here. I've got a complete Full External Safety Devices cage for a 90 that'll be for sale soon. Its straight, never been rolled, zinc sprayed and powder coated with the coating in VGC. New these are arround £1k but I'm pretty sure supply is still dodgy. I'm honestly not sure what its worth, hense the post.

TIA

is it welded onto the chassis? plus i guess you would need mouting brakects made up to fit it to another vehicle.

it is chassis mounted at the rear as well or just the front loop.

North Off Road Developments are chucking out made to fit ones for around £800 fitted for hardtops from when DSN had a quote done, so i guess £300 for yours or so.

PM DSN he may be interested.

JST, this is a totally bolt on cage. It bolts to the bulkhead outriggers, to the tubular outriggers (central hoop) and to the rear x-member using adaptors (all included). The cage itself is bolt together meaning individual sections can be replaced if they are bent. I'd have expected to get more than £300 for it as the quality's excellant and I know of people who've paid that sort of money for only half complete examples of these cages.

Just wonder what people's opinion is here. I've got a complete Full External Safety Devices cage for a 90 that'll be for sale soon. Its straight, never been rolled, zinc sprayed and powder coated with the coating in VGC. New these are arround £1k but I'm pretty sure supply is still dodgy. I'm honestly not sure what its worth, hense the post.

TIA

Hi Will,

I've got the SD Camel Trophy cage,(Internal/External) I paid just over £200 for mine. Part from a friend (unused), the remainder from SD.

Like anything it's only worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay. :blink:

Rgds

Brett

I've got a complete Full External Safety Devices cage for a 90 that'll be for sale soon. Its straight, never been rolled, zinc sprayed and powder coated with the coating in VGC.

TIA

Is it orange....???

If so, its gotta be worth at least double your best offer.... :ph34r::ph34r:

Cheers

Pete

Sorry, mate. I won't take a penny under £302.01 :D

Brett, FYI, the Camel cage is signifiacntly cheaper in the first place. Even so I'd say that's a VVVVV good deal.

£302.02 :P

Seriously though, quite interested depending on the price you decide upon...

Richard

Sorry, mate. I won't take a penny under £302.01 :D

Brett, FYI, the Camel cage is signifiacntly cheaper in the first place. Even so I'd say that's a VVVVV good deal.

True :D

I think list price was about £750ish

£300- £400 ish I would also think about the mark.

Whilst "OK" as a cage the design / lack of size tube and no diagnal will limit the appeal to many.

Other cages are available now (Northern Chris F example) and many will go in for a penny route, so thats why £300 - £400 max

Cept of course if as Jon says you have done any of the welding, then its about 4p :)

Go on, tell us all again how the welder was "Not working properly" the "wire feed was playing up", that it was "due to John wayne being dead" and other selected phrases as I could do with a luagh :lol:

Nige :ph34r:

£300- £400 ish I would also think about the mark.

Whilst "OK" as a cage the design / lack of size tube and no diagnal will limit the appeal to many.

Other cages are available now (Northern Chris F example) and many will go in for a penny route, so thats why £300 - £400 max

Cept of course if as Jon says you have done any of the welding, then its about 4p :)

Go on, tell us all again how the welder was "Not working properly" the "wire feed was playing up", that it was "due to John wayne being dead" and other selected phrases as I could do with a luagh :lol:

Nige :ph34r:

Nige, the cage was fitted using a type of magic plastic: I went away on holiday and when I came back I had a vehicle with a roll cage fitted. Spooky :ph34r:

DD, you've got a PM

Will, What are you having instead of the SD cage?

The vehicle's going king cab so I'll be having a 50mm CDS cage made up. It'll have a double external hoop over the back of the cab with the rear one cross braced through the cab. The roof will be crossed braced. Rear stays will go down to the rear of the tub and then the outer sections of the rear cross member although it will also be braced to the centre section of the cross member. The rear cross member is also going to be replaced with a custom heavy duty version to take a long drum 8274. :D