The LRX - Hybrid Land Rover Concept CONFIRMED!

Lando

I've seen the odd little bit about them and I've got to tell you... I WANT ONE!

Never been the biggest fan of hybrids in general but everything I've seen on this just looks so cool. It's scheduled for release in 2011 as part of the Range Rover line and will apparently be, "the smallest, lightest and most efficient vehicle the company has ever produced."

So, what're your thoughts people? Anyone got any pics by any chance?

Cheers,

Lando

I've seen the odd little bit about them and I've got to tell you... I WANT ONE!

Never been the biggest fan of hybrids in general but everything I've seen on this just looks so cool. It's scheduled for release in 2011 as part of the Range Rover line and will apparently be, "the smallest, lightest and most efficient vehicle the company has ever produced."

So, what're your thoughts people? Anyone got any pics by any chance?

Cheers,

Lando

HERE IT IS......

post-19742-126502615789_thumb.jpg

lol would be good seeing one winching it self out of a muddy bomb hole :lol:

Surely as a hybrid it will come with a monster alternator and battery setup as standard. Should be able to overvolt a 24V winch quite effectively :lol:

My bold.

If thats smaller than an 80" I'll eat my headwear!

Camera for rear view visibility? Looks like it would be very claustrophobic inside, and something Peugeot might knock out?

Surprised they didn't badge it as a Range Rover.

Sorry, I'd buy a Quattro or similar IF I was in the market for something like that....

Mmmmm, very nice, but that is just the concept vehicle that's been kicking around for a few months now.

HOWEVER - The current Freelander production line at Halewood is being modified as we speak to make the production version of this very car :ph34r:

I expect the production model will loose the fancy rear seating and full length console for a more conventional arrangement, and hopefully have a bit more glass to look out of. We'll wait and see...

I expect the production model will loose the fancy rear seating and full length console for a more conventional arrangement, and hopefully have a bit more glass to look out of. We'll wait and see...

Citroen put dashes like the one in the concept car into their production cars... check out the current C4 for example. :ph34r: