Fabrication to take your breath away

That's the ugliest pile of junk I've seen in a long time. A classic example of someone's stupidity/waste of time. You couldn't even go round a corner at anything above snails pace or the thing will fall over. The tubing isn't even saddled over the chassis either, so I would imagine the thing would just break in two. What a death trap :)

Les.

wow.

i love the quote: " I decided to weld poles onto a range rover chassis, then plant another range rover on top of the poles. Thus, increasing the height considerably"

On what planet does that sound like a good idea?!

i think i'll decide to weld a shopping trolley to my bonnet, or perhaps add doors to my roof....

I'd love to see the engineers face if it goes for an IVA!

i love the quote: " I decided to weld poles onto a range rover chassis, then plant another range rover on top of the poles. Thus, increasing the height considerably"

On what planet does that sound like a good idea?!

Planet rat-faced, at 11:30pm on a Friday night! :lol:

I think if you left it perfectly stationary it'd fall over at some point either from a mild breeze or structural failure.

Given that (thankfully) the steering and transmission* aren't connected up, we're all safe for the moment.

* And I'd guess neither is the footbrake, handbrake or clutch. Oh and the lack of seats is a bummer.

Breaking News

X-Engineering have finally launched their much-awaited 4x4 ahead of the new baby Range Rover - due to be launched later today.

The new 'Shedlet' features many new improvements over their previous contraption. Whilst staying tight-lipped over the new model, a spokesman for the company said "We had some bits of metal in the workshop and an old Rangy out in the yard, Si had been on a 2-day bender and decided to be creative". "The shedlet features greatly improved all-round visibilty coupled with improved access to vital engine and drivetrain components for reduced servicing costs". Rumour has it that other well-known companies have been involved in the creation of this vehicle, such as KamDiffs, Turner Engineering, Ashcroft Transmissions, and Llama 4x4. However, when we contacted these companies, they all told us to pi$$ off or they'd call the police.

Worldwide sales are expected to top 2, but when we tried to speak to Mr Rafferty - the owner of X-Eng, he threatened us with a starting handle and refused to comment.

Local Police Officer, SiWhite, said "if I see you driving that on the road sunshine, I'll nick you".

Les smile.gif

If you added some windows around the bottom, it would make an interesting double decker camper conversion!

Winnebago are ahead of you on this - they cut the middle of the chassis out, drop it, and put in a "basement" for all your luggage. I'm sure they know what they're doing, but it just seems wrong.