Need a good Shrink

JeffR

My wife asked me what I want for my 50th birthday next year (actually she spent half an hour takin the p*ss) and being the complete idiot that I am I suggested that a nice Series Landrover registered in 1961 would be nice(why do I need one), or a 101 Forward control (why do I need one?). Cos I could restore it like :D .

Somebody please tell me, preferably a sensible grown up, that this is not a sensible idea and that a nice holiday somewhere is a much better idea...

Trouble is I've got the bloody idea in my head now, and like the image of Jon Major sha**in Edwina Curry I simply cannot get it out :( ...

I mean 50 years of rusty nuts n bolts, 50 years of neglect and bodges, but all I can see in my minds eye is a nice shiney dinky little landrover chuntering around the Northumberland countryside in the summer with the top down :rolleyes: .... And it wouldn't fit in the garage, and I haven't finished her Mini, or my other two landrovers.

HELP

There is no hope, as you know now the idea is in your head all you can do is go along and get one. I bet you can even see what colour you want it to be finished in. landrovers atre like that, they nag away at you untill you give in and buy one.

I mean 50 years of rusty nuts n bolts, 50 years of neglect and bodges

are we talking you or the landrover ? :D :D :D

having a series landrover the same age as you to restore would be perfect imho, but it would be better to get one now, then get it finished in time for your 50th next year......

Finish the Mini first, whilst doing that look for the Series I (my preference, the 101 is just too thirsty and impractically large!), then you should have one for your birthday :)

101s aren't large <_< can't argue about the thirsty bit though

I've had a Series 2 sat waiting for some attention for ages, I had planned on having it on the road for this summer :ph34r: I haven't even seen it for three months now as its stored in a barn 4 miles from me :(

Fixing things up is a great dream, but life seems to get in the way.

Will :)

Oh, Bugger some help you lot are, I can live with a 101's p*ss poor fuel economy cos I run a V8 already. And yes the rusty nuts do apply to me, I'm a happily married English man.

101's are just so dinky - the person I'm not that keen on love child of a Tonka and Meccano, but a series has sole and are just so damn cute, and I suspect that over it's restoration more of my blood sweat tears ans skin than I have.

Lets face it, I'm screwed with either

Oh, Bugger some help you lot are, I can live with a 101's p*ss poor fuel economy cos I run a V8 already. And yes the rusty nuts do apply to me, I'm a happily married English man.

101's are just so dinky - the person I'm not that keen on love child of a Tonka and Meccano, but a series has sole and are just so damn cute, and I suspect that over it's restoration more of my blood sweat tears ans skin than I have.

Lets face it, I'm screwed with either

Be a man - have both!!!

Keith

101, go on you know you want to! they are the best fun you can have on leaf springs and never need to hire a skip ever again. I wish I still had mine had one. Just make sure it's a GS so you can take the top off on those hot summer days.

Brookers

Ditto

101 - the most addictive of all Landrovers :)

Now a a 2b forward control is sex on wheels

just to make you drool even more :P

one like this lives along the next road from me, really smart truck.

or if you really want something even more out of the ordinary a friend has this 2b fire truck with a 6cyl petrol, as far as we can tell it's ex-army fire service & was bought by Alsthom, whose livery it still wears, but minus the actual titles.

post-20-000179000 1288735775_thumb.jpeg

post-20-049034300 1288736001_thumb.jpg

post-20-093235500 1288736014_thumb.jpg

I can live with a 101's p*ss poor fuel economy cos I run a V8 already.

It could always be a diesel conversion...

That will save some pennies for the S1. :D

Large, as in won't fit in the garage cos they are too tall ;)

Take the top off?

Now a a 2b forward control is sex on wheels

With my fetish I read that as 'six on wheels'. :blush:

I was thinking 'That would be a good project, a 6x6 2B FC'. :wub:

6x6fc82a.jpg

Ditto101 - the most addictive of all Landrovers :)

I will have a 101 one day :D lovely beasts, as are the IIa/b forward controls :)

It could always be a diesel conversion...That will save some pennies for the S1. :DTake the top off?With my fetish I read that as 'six on wheels'. :blush: I was thinking 'That would be a good project, a 6x6 2B FC'. :wub:6x6fc82a.jpg

Something not right with that 6x6... early 110 built into an FC?

Volvo C303/C304/C306 - the thinking man's 101.

post-21-046662300 1288784074_thumb.jpg

post-21-049497200 1288784097_thumb.jpg

Yep, know what you´re feeling - meet these swedish MOD bricks quite often when we drive to our small house in the woods of Blekinge, Sweden... I really love my RRC, but these cars are simply so ugly, that you just got to have one, sometime in your life...

In fact, they do feature things similar to the RRC: Salisbury axels (on some models), and great thirst, thanks to the 6-cylinder Volvo B30 engine (all cast iron). :huh:

Price at swedish ex-MOD brokers: Appr. SEK 35-45.000 = £ 3-4.000.

Regards,

Bo