Selling my Landrover

GBMUD

What to replace my 110 with  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What should I get to replace my 110

• Nissan Terrano2 with blue paint
    • Nissan Terrano2 with blue paint and a bull-bar
    • Nissan Terrano2 with blue paint, a bull-bar and a towbar
    • Nissan Terrano2 with blue paint, a bull-bar, a towbar and a reliable engine

Since it no longer really delivers what I need in a 4x4 (long distance comfort, light towing and some light green laneing) I am thinking of selling my Landrover 110. This leaves the question of what to get next. Perhaps you could help by answering this poll?

Edited to add: I hate the colour blue as well as bull bars.

Thanks

Chris

Since it no longer really delivers what I need in a 4x4 (long distance comfort, light towing and some light green laneing) I am thinking of selling my Landrover 110. This leaves the question of what to get next. Perhaps you could help by answering this poll?

Edited to add: I hate the colour blue as well as bull bars.

Thanks

Chris

PM sent

why is there not an option without the word terrano in it?

reliable engine????

Don't think you have had much experience with a nissan terrano

It is a perfectly fair poll, you can vote for whatever you feel is best for me.

No matter what car one names there will always be someone who says it is unreliable, on that basis I will disregard your comments about reliability. Were you thinking of the 2.7 or the 3.0?

Chris

What about a Frontera diesel? 2.2? I have always derided them but IIRC the Frontera is more an Isuzu than a Vauxhall? Remember I am looking for something good at light towing, light green laneing and long distance motorway driving rather than the ultimate winch challenge or RTI car. I would like a SWB Patrol/Cruiser but they are a little on the wide side...

Chris

avoid the frontera 2.2 diesel :ph34r:

its the same 2.2 you find in the standard cars and is just not up to the job of pulling a big heavy frontera about. There are lots and lots of horrors with that engine. ECUs, air flow meters, idling problems, diesel pumps and injectors etc.

Plus the build quality on the frontera is very 'Vauxhall' :( And its not a small vehicle, its actually the same size - give or take an inch - as a prado.

Sorry, sounding a bit negative here arent i? Dont mean to be.

What about a honda crv or freelander td4? Or are they not up to the laning you want to do?

No matter what car one names there will always be someone who says it is unreliable,

avoid the frontera 2.2 diesel :ph34r:

Strike a light!

Freelanders or CRV et al are very sensible/practical looking but are not going to be up to the greenlaning aspect I fear. I need something 'Morocco-able' - which means a bit more ground clearance really.

Anyone got a horror story about a Trooper 2.8? I have already heard the one about the 3.0...

Chris

Strike a light!

Freelanders or CRV et al are very sensible/practical looking but are not going to be up to the greenlaning aspect I fear. I need something 'Morocco-able' - which means a bit more ground clearance really.

Anyone got a horror story about a Trooper 2.8? I have already heard the one about the 3.0...

Chris

I had a 2.8 Trooper once. I'm fairly sure it was that one which dropped a valve and then took ages to get the (at that time expensive) bits. I slid it into the back of a parked artic too which broke the spell a bit too.

Porch Cayenne S, BMW esseX5 or a merc ML? :ph34r: as long as there is no moist grass or caravans invloved you should be good to go.......mild offroading....into waitrose's car park :D

On a serious note a freelander 2? can you get them in blu with a bullbar and spots?

What about a Frontera diesel? 2.2?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

along with head gasket problems, cv boots that need a mortgage to finance (IIRC £80+ from vauxhall only) dubios build quality etc etc

avoid crv's as they have a problem with the rear diffs at the moment, a good FL2 would fit the bill nicely, especially the 2.2 td4 (if it's in your price range of course)