Billing

As Chris (GBMUD) Said, X-Eng will be there. This year we have a stand overlooking the main arena (Stand A15) for a change!

So far as security is concerned, it has been much better the last two years (Since Live Events has organised it) and hopefully this year will be similar. I think most of the thefts are opportunist - so if you take reasonable precautions in terms of hiding anything you feel like hanging on to and making sure nobody is looking as you return to your stand and hide it, the chances of it happening are fairly low.

Taking a casual walk round the camp site you can see all kinds of things that are just asking to be stolen. I saw a brand new 8274 sitting out in front of someones tent while the presumable owner was having a shouting match about how much it had cost with someone (wife / GF?) round the back. It would have been very easy to walk off with it - and it was also clear there would be a new winch in a box for the taking later when they were not around! That kind of thing is daft!

At the show, I'll honour the 10% discount for Forum Members if you identify yourself to Chris or I. For some items, there is a little bit more margin available for haggling too - appreciating that times are hard!

Si

Si will you be taking new pads for the X brake??

Going on Sunday & was gonna pop over say hi & get a set from you. Or could you take a set for me please?? Def 90

Cheers Kev

Kids love it! ... well, most do! Just keep a close eye on them as when its busy its very easy to loose them!

There is normally something going on in the arena to entertain the kids. And every now and then they do something Land Rover related too!! :lol:

We'll be arriving Friday night and will be on the Camel stand for the whole weekend, sitting under the awning to keep out of the rain. Ours is the yellow car ;)

Dan :)

Kids love it! ... well, most do! Just keep a close eye on them as when its busy its very easy to loose them!

There is normally something going on in the arena to entertain the kids. And every now and then they do something Land Rover related too!! :lol:

We'll be arriving Friday night and will be on the Camel stand for the whole weekend, sitting under the awning to keep out of the rain. Ours is the yellow car ;)

Dan :)

Cheers for that Dan, I'll keep an eye on him ... and might even bring him back home with me afterwards if he's good ;)

Well Just got back from a day out at a very wet Billing,

Lots of stuff on offer and some good deals to have I didn't actually need anything but came away with some bits:

I got a new Hi-Lift for a bargain price of £46, as my last one has lasted nearly 20 years, also got a brolly to add to the two dozen at home!! have left this on in the Freelander some stainless bolts for my trailer and a couple of other little bits, all in a good day out, although I am glad I am not camping the mud.

Jason.

It was nice to meet up with some friends, the weather was awful but thats Billing! The stands were all pedling the same tut as usual. I cannot believe how many steering guards and diff guards there are for sale! For god sake some-one think of something new and innovative to make!

One little surprise i had was seeing my truck splashed over the front cover of the programme!

post-10794-0-90354300-1310888570_thumb.jpg

It was nice to meet up with some friends, the weather was awful but thats Billing! The stands were all pedling the same tut as usual. I cannot believe how many steering guards and diff guards there are for sale! For god sake some-one think of something new and innovative to make!

One little surprise i had was seeing my truck splashed over the front cover of the programme!

post-10794-0-90354300-1310888570_thumb.jpg

This guy tends to come up with some good stuff but did not have a stand at Billing this year, check out the steering guard and also his doors.

http://www.westmids4x4.com/products/challenge_spec_steering_guard.php

My first Billing for about 5 years yesterday and I'm glad to say it was pretty much back to the Billing I remember - sort of.

It was evil weather, at one point I thought "this stinking weather couldn't get any worse" but I was wrong and it did.

Glad to say the ground held up though, apart from a couple of good mud patches. I even heard one of the stall holders saying at any other event it would have been a washout - but us LandRover boys are a hardy bunch and a bit of rain wasn't putting us off at all :)

I enjoyed it.

We went down on Thursday and left early Sunday. Yes, it was getting back to the Billings of old. Weather on Friday was great, Saturday was good after lunch, so I guess the weather went downhill on Sunday. By the time we got to Glasgow, about 1130, it was torrential rain.

Only downside was there was no live group on Saturday night.

The trend appears to be going towards overland travel these days as there were a lot of stalls catering for that kind of stuff.

All in all, a good show. Well done Live and LRO.

Geoff :)

For god sake some-one think of something new and innovative to make!

We always do our best...

I spent most of my time on the stand seeing customers and meeting forum members (sorry if I started speaking to you and got distracted by a customer, I did not mean to be rude!). I got a couple of early bargains on the Thursday though - in fact I spent all the housekeeping money for the rest of the month when I accidentally bought 2 sets of brand new take-off Boost alloys, one with Grabber TRs and one with Conti CC-ATs, both for far less than the prices on eBay!! Of course, I bought 10 wheels and tyres with no thought for how I might get them home - I was there in my 90. Thank God for good friends. :)

And no, I do not need two sets of tyres! One will be on eBay next week! (PM me if interested in 5 brand new take-off Boosts with Grabber TRs)

Chris

We always do our best...

I spent most of my time on the stand seeing customers and meeting forum members (sorry if I started speaking to you and got distracted by a customer, I did not mean to be rude!). I got a couple of early bargains on the Thursday though - in fact I spent all the housekeeping money for the rest of the month when I accidentally bought 2 sets of brand new take-off Boost alloys, one with Grabber TRs and one with Conti CC-ATs, both for far less than the prices on eBay!! Of course, I bought 10 wheels and tyres with no thought for how I might get them home - I was there in my 90. Thank God for good friends. :)

And no, I do not need two sets of tyres! One will be on eBay next week! (PM me if interested in 5 brand new take-off Boosts with Grabber TRs)

Chris

Chris, Good to meet you, have you gone boost mad? your signature says you are still after some!!

Picman now have their pictures from the off road course up on the website.

I went looking as I saw from another part of the course a truck cab creating a massive splash in one of the water sections, I thought on the day that's done some damage.

Passenger side front wing doesn't look too healthy, still managed to do the whole course after it got pulled out of the water though.

http://www.picman.co.uk/albums.php?alb=395221

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Saturday and it certainly rained for most of the morning.

Would anyone know who was selling the protection bars which were fitted to a discovery, they come up out from the wings by the windscreen and more or less run along the gutter line and are bolted through the roof and join across the top of the windscreen. They were virtually opposite the Land Rover clothes tent, cannot give you a pitch number because the programme I had got a bit wet and cannot find the site layout on the internet.

I didnt pay to much attention at the time but have since bought a discovery and they looked ideal for green lanes to give that little bit of extra protection.

Missed it this time. Only just got back into a Landy the week after. Going by past shows though; anyone else think there's a bit too much water on the off road course? In the past the Northamptonshire liquid mud's cost me a 300Tdi Disco's starter motor, a V8 Ninety's starter motor, a couple of Rangie carpets and a can of WD40 off the marshalls for the Ninety. Sometimes I did wish the course was dryer, or at least, the water cleaner! I know, I should've prepared better, and probably a bit of sorting afterwards would've saved the starters, but then again, the course is at least partly meant as a 'have-a-go' for people who've never known what their Land Rover can do. That sort of thing could be a bit off-putting... Always fun though, especially the times I've watched Mitsubishis and Toyotas being towed off the course 'cos they got properly broken...

Never been before this one but there is a lot of water on the course, only one of the sections could be described as liquid mud though (pretty smelly as well).

Out of curiosity how soon after the dunking did your starte motors die? Just planning ahead here ;)