Billing

mav, i bet that set you back some. will keep an eye out for it, post up where your staying with it when you find out and well see if we can track you down. in fact that goes for all of you haha

:i-m_so_happy: be sure to let you all know! Mikey what you in?

He'll be in Brian the 88" S3... unless he comes on the fergie?

STUFF THAT!! ive done enough driving of fergies for a lifetime now!.

slight setback not there at the moment as mate broke down we were trying to fix it and still 70 miles away at 10:30 so we thought that they wouldnt let us in so were going early in the AM

Well having gone along yesterday (Friday) I have to say I was rather dissappointed to see so few of the usual big name vendors in attendance.

Having talked to some of those that were there, we agreed there were very few punters present for a Friday,the showground and carparks were far from full. I know the unavoidable date change will have played havoc for many traders.

I did get to talk to Si and bought one of his superbly designed X-Defend pedal locks.

Also had a good chat with Nige and Steve at Megasquirt V8.

Many of the area owners clubs were better positioned in the centre of the ground (where there were absent traders); walking round this lot I chatted with a number of owners.

I saw a nicely finished traybacked 110 double cab complete with extreme suspension setup. This is not the normal choice of truck for this treatment, but it does mean you can take the whole family out to play.

Possibly my favourite vehicle was a pristine late 88" County station wagon. It was kitted out with various camping accessories inc a roof tent, and something rather unique at the front.

Well having gone along yesterday (Friday) I have to say I was rather dissappointed to see so few of the usual big name vendors in attendance.

Having talked to some of those that were there, we agreed there were very few punters present for a Friday,the showground and carparks were far from full. I know the unavoidable date change will have played havoc for many traders.

I did get to talk to Si and bought one of his superbly designed X-Defend pedal locks.

Also had a good chat with Nige and Steve at Megasquirt V8.

Many of the area owners clubs were better positioned in the centre of the ground (where there were absent traders); walking round this lot I chatted with a number of owners.

I saw a nicely finished traybacked 110 double cab complete with extreme suspension setup. This is not the normal choice of truck for this treatment, but it does mean you can take the whole family out to play.

Possibly my favourite vehicle was a pristine late 88" County station wagon. It was kitted out with various camping accessories inc a roof tent, and something rather unique at the front.

I know the date change was the reason gigglepin and Devon 4x4 aren't there.

Was it a green 110? If so I saw it at the B&W show. Ex royal family I think?

As for the series... wasn't a loo seat by any chance?

We went today ( Saturday ) gotta be said I really enjoyed it,

seemed more than busy enough, ok some of the big names weren't there, but I wasn't really shopping , although did buy a good selection of workshop consumables :0) and did a deal on a sky tag tracker jobby,

Think the weather was a bonus for sure,

Dunno what the traders till will say but most people were wandering round with somthing in a bag ,

I went along today, saw lots of faces I knew, I saw Mav's new toy and Mav although not at the same time!! It was obvious that 1/4 of the show was missing, lots less LR bits and lots of other bits, I don't know if it was the ground conditions but things didn't seem as well laid out, as in previous years. It was also strange as there was no rain, which is very strange at Billing!!

I subscribed to LRO, yes I know but they were giving away the Kokoda chair with the subscription, I have had my eye on the chair for a while the subscription for the year was £55 with a free chair, a chair on it's own is £52 so brainier really. Jacob gets the magazines for a year to look at the photos and at 5 the journalism is about his level and I get a chair!!

Despite the above it didn't stop me spending my money!! and actually for once I got all of the bits I went for:

• Nakatenanga Window vents
  • Defendor
  • Folding snow shovel
  • Workshop consumables
  • Raptor Defender Pod (dash top one, wanted a mud one but they were not there)
  • X-Defend Gear

Oh and Jacob was able to secure a one off X-eng product:

wp000084w.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jason.

I know the date change was the reason gigglepin and Devon 4x4 aren't there.

Was it a green 110? If so I saw it at the B&W show. Ex royal family I think?

As for the series... wasn't a loo seat by any chance?

Yes Ross, a bog seat it was :)

Had a great time at billing over the weekend. Many thanks to those who offered support and parts for my 130 after the stub axle and half shaft died.

Good time on the X Eng stand thank you Si it was a laugh. :i-m_so_happy:

Some of the many highlights :

Watching Nige Barker erect a tent, it took an hour!

Nige nearly setting fire to my 130,

Nige pulling a full Tranny :ph34r:

And finally Nige getting a ball of string stuck on his finger!!

Despite there being fewer campers, there were far more day visitors than normal. Saturday was one of the busiest I've seen.

It was a shame D44, Gigglepin and a few others couldn't make it - but I spoke to both before the show & it was just down to staff holidays.

The weather was great apart from a brief shower today - and I think it rates as one of my favourite Billings ever! This was the 20th I've attended. We had a really good laugh, a little drinking and because Friday was quieter than normal, much more time to chat with people - which is the bit I really enjoy!

I'd like to thank TJ, Chris, Nick, Nigel, Steve, Steve200tdi, Simon & his Pinzgauer and everyone else for helping and their 'entertainment'. Particularly Nigel and his new TV 'friend'. It's a long time since I've laughed as much as this weekend!

JasonG & his family came & hung out with us today. His kids, Hayley & Jacob were great fun.

All in, I had a great time - roll on next year!

Si