90 wheelbase

I have a difference of 7mm between the offside and nearside wheelbases. All the bushes and bolts are tight and it doesn't affect the driving of it. Is this within tolerance ?

It's not really a problem, it just offended mine eye when I measured out of curiosity :)

Mo

I was told (not sure of the origional source of the info though) when checking a friends 90 that the tolerance is 6mm, since that is 6mm for each axle you could have a 12mm difference and just be in spec.

If it drives OK leave it alone, if you really care add spacers behind the bushes or buy x-eng rear arms which are adjustable lenght to square things up.

Drivers side longer? With the stronger/longer spring in the front drivers side, it could cause the front axle to creep under a little shortening the wheelbase...?

That's without a driver of course.

Don't panic Mo - its called Tom Jones Syndrome

ie - My LR is out by xxmm on one side to the other, is this normal ?

Well Sir Mo - Its not unusual" :P

I'll get me coat

Right, I can't find the one I have for a 90, but read and cry and weep n laugh at the one I have enclosed, for a RR

this shows "Acceptable" tolerances +/- for a chassi - ffs if thats "Acceptable" think how bad the ones "Outside" tolerances are :rofl:

So, in answer do not panick Mr Mo, its all normal (well as normal as can be with a LR :) )

Mo.pdf

:)

Nige

No panic here Nige, I am cool, calm, collected and curious :) Alliterative too ;)

Thanks Toylanderover and Bowie, that sounds quite feasible, what I need to now is measure it whilst I'm driving ;) I think this is probably what it is TBH.

Nige & Cosecon, thanks for the diagrams, I find it interesting that in both the RR drawing and the 90 drawing, the spring mount centres fore and aft have no tolerance listed which means either none is allowed OR as I believe, they were too embarassed to put the figures in there ;)

Thanks all

Mo

No panic here Nige, I am cool, calm, collected and curious :) Alliterative too ;)

Thanks Toylanderover and Bowie, that sounds quite feasible, what I need to now is measure it whilst I'm driving ;) I think this is probably what it is TBH.

Nige & Cosecon, thanks for the diagrams, I find it interesting that in both the RR drawing and the 90 drawing, the spring mount centres fore and aft have no tolerance listed which means either none is allowed OR as I believe, they were too embarassed to put the figures in there ;)

Thanks all

Mo

How about jacking the chassis up so all 4 wheels were hanging and off the ground? Oh and the body was level .... and the axles.

Err... that's probably a stupid idea actually