The Grave yard

Bos

Some years ago i walked passed a house which had matching identical Capri's (told you it was some time a go) anyway what got my attention was the fact the both identical cars had identical number plates! One car I believe was an old style Irish or Northern Ireland plate that used a Z to match a 2 in the English plate?

Looked really cool though :)

could try : www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk

hes in mid wales , but could cover all your landrover needs :)

Yep take it to gwyn, recently had some work done there, absolutely top draw service, which is more than can be said for some others.. you won't meet a more honest and upfront guy IMHO

Some years ago i walked passed a house which had matching identical Capri's (told you it was some time a go) anyway what got my attention was the fact the both identical cars had identical number plates! One car I believe was an old style Irish or Northern Ireland plate that used a Z to match a 2 in the English plate?

Looked really cool though :)

Different take on the above. I once remember when (years ago) we were caravanners staying on a site and noticed that the number plate on a guys caravan did not match the one on his car, not in the normal way you may see this by someone not bothering to even place the correct number at all but rather it was just the two digits that where 'swapped'.

He had been drining around for a few weeks towing the 'van and hadn't noticed, nor had anyone else.

He was grateful I pointed it out to him.

The police called at my parents' farm to report some loose livestock, and walked between two identical white Volvos with the same numberplate on both. He'd written one off by running it into Gloucestershire, bought a replacement in the same colour and transferred the reg across. Since the old one was being used as a (wonky) farm wheelbarrow, there was no need to take the plates off...

Worryingly, the fuzz didn't say a word.

I heard of a guy who built a hybrid out of an old RR and then bought a plate for it that was one digit out from the pre-production Range Rovers (YVB?) so of course rivet counters would spot the plate and then collapse in horror that someone had chopped up a rare prototype :lol:

Wonder if the plate from the original centre-steer is on the market? :rolleyes:

Brilliant, thanks guys.

At the moment I have Greenway Chaco 7.50 16s fitted, as they seemed to be reasonably priced, and a lot better than the ones I had fitted before. I guess swapping out bits and pieces like springs etc. is something that can be done slowly over time, but we'll see.

Chris

It's a GAZ 469 like this one Gaz69fr.jpg

Above, some curious images of the GAZ "69", with the driver -"equipped" with moustaches and busby- that courts a beautiful countrywoman! During the time, the production of GAZ "69" was transferred to the city of Ulyanovsk, and the well-known UAZ starts the production with this model. The "Goat" equipped several army in all the world (not only in the Eastern countries): Africa, Mongolia, Cuba and Afghanistan (several exemplars of "Goat" -with the newer UAZ "469"- were seen in TV, during the recent USA attack against the Afghanistan).

from here :i-m_so_happy:

How do you do it Ralph? It took less time for the correct answer than it did for me to post the subject!

What threw me and my local friend out was that an Aro badge had been welded to the bonnet. He stood their for ages scratching his head saying he was convinced that it was Russian.

Your photo is interesting because I couldn't work out why there was a turn screw near the bulkhead. I can now see from your photo that it was there to secure a lamp.

Cheers,

Paul.

Just put UAZ then GAZ in google & found that website/picture

I like the look of this one too :D

YERMAK.JPG

GAZ-YERMAK-REAR.JPG

Another important model for the GAZ is the "Ataman" (four pics above), a rugged 4x4 engineered for the work and the free-time (category very requested in Russia, where the roads are a disaster). The coachwork is very old about the design, but it can be enough pleasant, with the "rude" style of the pick-up version (last pic below). In the second and third pics, the SW version ("Ataman Yermak"): very "square"...but this model is more similar to a truck, and not to a car.

the rude pick up

GAZATAMAN3_WEB.JPG