The Grave yard

Bos

There's a talk tonight in Reading on road charging schemes, hosted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers:

Road Pricing in the UK
Date: 21/02/2007 
Time: 19:00 - 20:00 
Event type: Technical Lecture 
Event status: Active 

Venue Address: 
Shire Hall, Foster Wheeler 
Reading 
RG2 9FW 
United Kingdom 

Speaker:  
Dr. John Walker

Description:  
To make best use of the road network and to reduce congestion and pollution drivers need to use their cars less and public transport more, to drive at less congested times, and to use alternative routes. Road pricing is one way to encourage this; it helps to control demand for road space, and also produces a revenue stream for investment in transport infrastructure. The UK Secretary of State for Transport has confirmed the Government's intention to introduce road pricing into the UK - though the timescale is uncertain. The talk outlines the reasons for international interest in road pricing, describes the systems and technologies used, and covers developments in the UK, Europe and world-wide

Additional Information:  
Following a PhD at Reading University and a postdoctoral Fellowship in solid-state physics at the École Normale Supérieure in Paris John joined Racal (now Thales) as a Technical Manager in 1980. He led the company into the Government-funded DIRECTS Road Pricing demonstration project, and was an Expert Advisor to Transport for London in their Congestion Charging technology trials. John is on the Executive Committee of the Institution of Engineering and Technology’s Automotive and Road Transport Technical and Professional Network, for whom he has organised five international seminars on Road Pricing. He is the editor of two books: “Mobile Information Systems” (1990) and “Advances in Mobile Information Systems” (1998), and of two book Series, “ITS” and “Mobile Communications”, published by Artech House. His current role within Thales is business development in the road-pricing field, working closely with other Thales companies in the UK and France.

For more information please contact:  Ritchie Denver 
Tel: 0118 9133816 
Email: ritchie_denver@fwuk.fwc.com

http://nearyou.imeche.org.uk/events/event.htm?eID=660

updating the ROM to the latest version

instructions are as follows

Please follow the below procedures for n35 image flash.

1. Make sure you have a SD card that can be detected by n35. The SD cards that can be detected are: (1) Apacer 128/256/512MB (2) Toshiba 256MB (3) SanDisk 64/512MB

2. Copy all the OS image files to the SD card’s root directory.

3. Switch the hard reset switch to the left, and insert the SD card.

4. Make sure the AC is applied to n35.

5. Press and hold the power button, then switch the hard reset switch to the right.

6. The LCD screen will become all white. Release the power button after 5 seconds.

7. Wait for an orange progress bar to appear. (It might take about 3 minutes).

8. n35 will reboot itself when flash is done.

Note: if you fail to have an orange progress bar when flash, please make sure you have correctly copied all the necessary image files, and then repeat from step 3.

bar starts but stops after about 3 mins and don't move on any further any ideas ?

and what's the latest version of pocket windows that will work with the N35 ?

sorry for all the ?'s

Guest diesel_jim
I've been re-aligning the rear bumper on a Rover 400, that had a minor shunt, so I'm skiving between straightening things. I hate bodywork work. :angry:

Les.

re-aligning it? after it had a shunt or just as it came from the dealership?

I though a shunt would have made it better! :lol:

Les

we have three of these for an experiment.

The instructions i have for updating the OS are a little bit different and have worked for me, instructions are at the bottom of This post

I had to update to the latest OS so that the latest version of the .net framework would work.

It did take up to 10 mins for the OS to rully reboot- so long that i got worried and thought i had broken it. Eventually i put it down and left it for a while.

the N35 does have some issues with how it works- we've had no end of problems getting it to run a prog in .net which works on another pocket PC with the same software on it!

found a link which answers your second question but i can't find it at the moment- if i come across it then i'll post it on here!

I seem to remember Steve Parrish having PEN 15. Trevor Nation (bike racer) used to have NAT 101V with the '1V' modified into an 'N'.

My favourite one was FAT 61T on a 7-Series BMW that I saw near Petersfield (years ago). It had a yellow screw carefully positioned so that it read 'FAT GIT'. And the answer to the next question is yes, he was!

----------------------

White90, my friend had a Porsche 911 with the registration 959 BAN. It had a 959 body kit on it too, so looked appropriate.