The Grave yard

Bos

Guest dew110CSW

Just to evlolve the topic slightly...

Which show this year will everyone be attending, Kelmarsh or Billing? Also looking at possible going to the LRW at Eastnor if I've got my test passed by that point.

Which show this year will everyone be attending, Kelmarsh or Billing? Also looking at possible going to the LRW at Eastnor if I've got my test passed by that point.

Not many going to Kelmarsh now - Just Richard Green I think. :D

Chris

Kelmarsh is the only show worth going to this year! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve :)

I see one of Taz 90 (1903) in there to....looks like she's got a list to starboard matey!!! ;):lol:

It's the ground I tell you !! ;) Typical, one pic of my truck and it looks wonky.

Anyway Kelmarsh is dead, cancelled etc.... So billing will be going ahead as usual, just with a different crew running the show and off road course.

Rich

My main beam switch would jump out/turn off over a bump so i picked one up at old sod last september and chucked it in the back

My MOT was in November and the garage replaced the switch

However since then the steering wheel has developed an annoying squeak

I thought it would relent after a while but it hasnt.

Could the switch not be fitted properly or is something too tight?

slacken the column surround screws & adjust it's final location, hopefully that'll stop the squeaking.

Agree thats the problem. The colujm cover is not on right . Need to adjust it. Beacuse as the steering wheel turns around the wheel catches the cover and you get the squeking noise.

Did someone mention buses?

In seriousness, I caught the bus there in 2004 - it's not easy, I ended up lost and then hooked a lift with a mad Frenchman in a Disco who was also lost. Then I enjoyed the benefits of the beer tent and fell asleep under Matt Neale's 110.

I feel I may have strayed off-topic. Good luck in the driving test!!

Question for the more financially astute, and absolutely nothing to do with LRs:

My brothers and I inherited my grandparent's house 'in trust' six years ago. It's currently let with tenants in Manchester, but the rest of my family are scattered across the country and not particularly local, so it's difficult to manage. I'd like to reinvest in two smaller flats nearer to one of us, for a better return on investment, easier to manage and hopefully spreading the risk.

However: if we sell up, we pay 40% in capital gains tax.

Current options:

• bite the bullet and sell it, using 3 personal allowances for the CGT (3x £8800). Not attractive.
  • keep it, let it, manage it from afar. This is a pain, but looks like the most efficient option. Anyone want a 3-bed house in Manchester?
  • move into it - if it's a 'primary' residence it qualifies for CGT relief, but it's a helluva commute to work :)
  • form a limited company?? with three of us holding 100% of issued share capital, to hold the asset (but how does the asset transfer to the company without a sale incurring CGT?)

Does anyone here know anything about this, or know where I should be looking (before I go hunting for hand-rubbing financial advisors)? I need a www.CGT4x4.com with equally helpful advice :)

I would say "Use the house to raise capital to buy flats" and "Get a management company to run the house". As long as the house is covering the bills and the flats are let and they are all appreciating then you are quids in, capital gains tax or not - only ever an issue if you sell them. Remember you will pay income tax on income from let property. Remember also that you can use a lot of fuel touring the properties each week. ;)

This is very much an amateur opinion - but what I would do!

Chris

whatever you do do NOT put the property in a limited company.

Keep the property in private names.

there should be some way of working taper relief into the mix, you might also be able to mortgage against the property! You need more options than those above.

I would strongly suggest you take some tax advice from a qualified adviser as opposed to taking some advice off random forums- it will cost you a HUGE amount of money if you get this wrong.

That is also what i would do , and is what my mother has done. Use the house to raise a deposit for another house or flat and then put the house in an agent and manage the one close to you. Then in a couple of years do the same with the house or flat that you bought close to you, and carry on doing this . After all that is what everyone does with houses . And then in 10 years or so you will have 3 or 4 houses or more. And after all houses are far better than any Pension you can get. Buy a house and have someone else pay for it for you . Ready for your retirment , where you can sell it or live of the rent :)