Winter challenge

brighouse shed

As we enter the alleged second ice age this week can i suggest a little challenge for all to participate in:

Namely to be the first person to tow a Prius, this winter, with photographic evidence preferably with the tree hugger smiling in gratitude next to that lovely land rover.

For those in London an additional medal for towing a liveried TfL vehicle into the LEZ.

Rules are strict, I´m afraid.

Pity, I couldn´t make a video last year when a Grand Cherokee almost failed on the very flat spot of a icy road when it towed 4-5 sleighs behind it with a dozen of adults on them. It really was level ground. Half of the "load" had to get off the sleighs and help pushing, which, admittedly didn´t take much effort to get it moving again. Tires were street/summer biased, I guess. Don´t know it gave it an advantage to my MTs - with which I never had any problem last year even with stop-starts on +10% gradients. Both of us had lockers in the axles and permanent 4wd. You cannot imagine how big my smile was. Owner of the Jeep is not among the favourite neighbours.

I wont be taking part. If I see a Prius stuck in snow im simply going to drive by (take a picture) and LOL to myself... they will soon learn.

I will happily help out anyone else i see who is genuinely stuck.

G

ps. great idea though!