STOLEN Discovery M473 XJO

leon_81

My discovery 300tdi has been stolen from Crawley West Sussex sometime in the last 24 hours. Probably no chance I'll see it again but please keep an eye out anyway. M473XJO Dark Green. Insa Turbos, lift kit, tubular bumpers etc

I've heard over 20 Land Rovers have been stolen from the area and surroundings in the last month or so - time to be more careful than usual!

My Disco was attempted to be stolen last night, but the dogs heard them , b*****ds got away before i could get to them. They had poped a door lock but turned it to deacivate the alarm and were in the middle of ignition/steering colum. Will keep my eyes open round here. Post a picture up if you can.

It does seem to be steadily getting worse. There was no indication anyone was paying any attention to it in the days before it was taken

seems none of the neighbours saw or heard anything either

It looks like it was stolen Tuesday night, my neighbour is certain it wasn't there when he left for work weds morning but I saw it on the Tuesday eve

sorry to here this i know how you feel ive been there and genuinly hope you get it back,just out of interest did you have any security on it? im not trying to start a debate on whats the best security just interested in what works and more importantly what doesnt,

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been found, but it's not in a good state...

burned1.jpg

Police located it and ID'd it at 1pm today in Surrey - I have to arrange the insurance co to collect it though because of where it is, the Police recovery team can't get to it

Very sorry for your loss mate. Hope the pondlife don't start showing an interest in V8's, I've got agreed value on my RRC but would hate to lose it. Bugger all security on older RR's so I had a Thatcham cat 2 fitted & use a disc-lock as well. We all shop around for the best insurance price these days but it's only at times like this that you find out whether you hard - earned has been well spent.