The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I read it as being built on an early 90s chassis rather than being done in the early 90s.

For you Ross ;)

Custom Land Rover Series 2 109 LWB hard top.1970"J" Historic free tax. Nato green .Later rot free ex Military bulkhead and seat box. Excellent Coil sprung early 110 chassis, early 110 axles ( Salisbury with drum rears).750X16 radial tyres on standard steel rims. Later doors with trims & wind up windows a few dents but no rot. New exhaust and battery. Polly bushed. Alloy checker plate rear tub floor. Recent new PAS box, Later steering coulomb , wheel and fittings. Defender 200 TDi plus Lt 77 5 speed gearbox. Late Series/early Defender seats in black. 2"x1" box section sills. Bottom dash has been altered but I have an original to go with vehicle. Dixon Bate Adjustable tow hitch with NATO jaw (standard ball available). Built early 90`s. Fully lined sides and roof so no drumming or drips. Paint work could be improved but you don`t have to worry about marking or polishing as it is. I bought it to use myself but I have been let down on the sale of my 110 and the 109 has been sat round more than used. It has lots of potential to improve or just use "as is". OFFERS WITHOUT FIRST CONTACT WILL BE IGNORED. Phone up to 8pm 07831 106605 or email through ebay. Cash on collection or direct bank transfer prior to collection.UK Mainland only No shipping.

Wouldn't the claim of it being done early 90's make it so? Although to be fair that means he took an almost brand new 110 at the time to make it.

It might make it a legal vehicle, but it is still an early 110, but if that vehicle was scrapped, no it isn't!

Please explain more Bowie, am a bit thick this morning and re-read that 10X and still not understanding :blush:

He used an 'early 110 chassis', from a donor vehicle, as the chassis carries the registration not the body, the 109 should actually be the 110, with all it's registration details. If however, the owner scrapped that 110 (i.e. told DVLA that it had been scrapped, not actually cut up the chassis) then the chassis has no registration, and therefore there's no possibility of registering it as the 110, as it should be.

Make any more sense? :)

Actually very impressed by that :ph34r:

Although it does remind me of a Hi-lux that we built up as a sprayer and a fert spreader with extreme floaty tyres on when I worked on the farm, it was hydraulic drive too so just a spool lever in the cab.

The last bit of the advert should say .. this vehicle will not be tax free until DVLA seriously change their view on vehicle identity :-)

Its odd but for some reason hardtops on light weights never seem to look or fit right to me. I think the capping is the same width but they always seem just too wide. Maybe its my imagination.