A Challenge Event to Suit all Levels - Mike Wolfe Winch Event

I remember fondly the days of the Challenges organised by Paul Wightman (...)

Since then it's all become a bit too serious

Si

I agree.

By the way, how's Paul doing??

It's been a long time.

Sorry for the OT question.

How about entering with the electric freelander? Could be a first on the challange scene?

Mmmm....2 wheel drive and a vehicle that gets stuck if I park it on the grass in my garden! So long as all the punches are in the car park, and the site is within 10 miles of home - certainly!

Si

Mmmm....2 wheel drive and a vehicle that gets stuck if I park it on the grass in my garden! So long as all the punches are in the car park, and the site is within 10 miles of home - certainly!

Si

That's fine - put a V8 in the boot and use that to keep it charged.

Slindon is an awesome site ! 250 miles each way for us :moglite:

There seem to be a lot of replies on here where people say they will attend etc etc.... Why not give some local challenges a go ? You don't need to have a fully tricked up truck, sections are optional so you don't have to attempt if you don't wish. The LRS series is very good for this, they setup both "easy" punches as well as "interesting"ones. Other series' are similar.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Green Class for me! I do like the separation of Tax and Tested to non. I spend lots keeping my truck on the road and find it really annoying when, because of winches and lockers, i have to compete against people who have cut everything off their truck that makes it road legal and thus have a distinct advantage over me. Maybe i just enter the wrong events.....

Was competing at the Scotia Winch Challenge this weekend in Standard class dawning my LR4x4 stickers. Fingers crossed we get some mag coverage :P Was an awesome event. Spectacular setting, weather, set up and run flawlessly!!!! We will definitely be going back! :)

As everyone else has mentioned, Date?

If its happenning this year, id be interested as a spectator

If its happening next year id be inteseted as a spectator

If its hapenening in a few years - the truck might be in the red secton :hysterical:

You know me nige - will there any snail sections for me to practice in also

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It certainly has - so much so that I've changed the vehicle and would have to enter in a Full-Fat L322 now...

Be quite entertaining though...

(Albeit probably quite expensive, if nothing else the continual urge to boot the TDV8).

• 6 months later...